What's new

BIC DV-84s vs. similar priced.. and Klipsch F-3s (1 Viewer)

Adam Smith

Agent
I'm in the market for new floorstanding front speakers and wanted to hear your opinions. I usually don't post this vs. that threads, but I have no way of hearing the DV-84s before buying, and have heard they're pretty good. How do they compare to similarly priced speakers, and how do they compare to the Klipsch F-3s? I can get the DV-84s and the F-3s for about the same price (within $40 of each other per set). I like how the F-3s sound (I've auditioned them) but wanted to hear your opinions on the DV-84s and other similarly priced speakers. Thanks!

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I would also reco giving JBL E series (E80 or 90's) ashot too. I really like my E80's with the EC35 center.

All 3 for $500.

Morgan_

Stunt Coordinator

I don't know about these speakers, I used to look at them and think that they might sound good, but at $140 a piece, and being that they are only 2-way, tweeter and 2 8" woofers, and 2 passive radiators, I mean why would you need 2 woofers and 2 passive radiators and only 1 tweeter? I have my doubts as to how well they sound. I'm not a big fan of 2-way systems with 8" woofers. You have to be suspicious when they give the response rating and don't give the db range at which the response is within. Don't smell right. Anybody in the forum own these towers??

Adam Smith

Agent
I've heard some older BIC America speakers and they sounded really good, very balanced.

I'll be using them for music (parties) and movies. I'm the only one that touches my setup at parties so they won't get blown. As for price range, I'm looking at around $350 max shipped. I've heard some good things about Athena speakers as well, although I don't know about the source's credibility. :)
This year, the speakers will be in my living room, which is 16 feet x 14 feet or so. Most of the apartment is open though, so it might "look like" 16x20 to a speaker system.

I think we sell the E80s at Best Buy.. I'll take a look at 'em.

Oh yeah, Morgan: the two passive radiators are for accurate bass.. apparently the DV-84s sound real "tight" since the cones of the two 8s don't have to excurse as much. Same with the PRs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks