bic america subwoofers?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by BruceTM, Feb 26, 2003.

1. BruceTM

BruceTM Agent

I have been reading the specs on the bic v1015 and v1215 subwoofers. Does anyone know anything about these? The prices are certainly right. Should I order one of these?

2. Dale B

Dale B Stunt Coordinator

Don't know about the sub, but am using the small bookshelf speakers for my mains and think they are quite good for the price. I am very happy with them. I know this don't answer your question about the sub, but I think Bic speakers are very good for a not very well known or talked about speaker.

3. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

I had the 1215 that I bought from Ubid, it was an ok entry level sub. It is better than nothing, but it made a loud pop when ever it auto powered down. I replaced it with a JBL sub, and it sounded much better, then I bought a SVS which sounds A LOT better [​IMG]

I thought the bass in the Bic sub didn't have a deep bass sound, it sounded there wasn't enough insulation in the box or the box wasnt very sturdy. But for the price it wasn't bad, I think I got it for $70 off of Ubid.

4. BrianHo

BrianHo Agent

Anybody else have one?

5. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

I had a small 8 inch ported sub from BIC years ago. It acually put out clean unboomy bass for such an inexpensive sub.

6. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

bic??? i thought they were ballpoint manufacturer!

7. ErichH

ErichH Screenwriter

Had a 1212 for a few months. For the money, it was very good. The twin Venturi ports are a good design.
    As with any inexpensive sub, we did the liner/bracing/stuffing mod and the results were excellent.

If I only had 200 to spend on a 12, it would be one of my first choices.

Once you go past the 300-350 mark, it's hard not to think about an entry SVS.

Eric