What's new

BIC America FH6-LCR vs FH65B (1 Viewer)

shoe88

Auditioning
Real Name
Sidran Shu
Looking to purchase a pair of either to replace my floorstandings which have blown tweeters, these are quite old so thought I may just replace them instead of repair. I purchased a FH6 already to replace a center from a Klipsch Quintet (whole set has been moved to a different room) and I was blown away at what I was missing from my center channel. Albeit the Quintet was a midget compared to the FH6 but never-less I want a whole set of this series. The FH6 and FH65B to me share similar specs, but it's safe to assume you fellows here know a lot more about these numbers than I do. From the BIC website: FH6-LCR: 175-watt two-way 3 driver, all channel speaker 95dB sensitivity 1 watt/m Dual 6 1/2" Woofers + Horn Tweeter FH65B: 375-watt 2-way horn bookshelf 96dB sensitivity 1 watt/m 6 1/2" Woofer + Horn Tweeter Both recommend up to 175W RMS per channel and as far as I can tell the only difference between the 2 is that the FH65B has a rear port while the FH6 is sealed. Plus the obvious second speaker. I am using a Onkyo HT-RC360 Receiver and this is a 5.1 setup w/ a BIC V1220 subwoofer. Long term plan is to buy a pair of either of these now to replace the fronts, then later on purchase the floorstanding version of these speakers (FT-6T) and move these to be the rears. Suggestions?

svavrek

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
I don't think you'd be disappointed with ANY BIC product... I got a set of older DV736 Towers, a somethin 62 Center, and two FH6W in wall rears and they are AMAZING, espeically for the price point.

shoe88

Auditioning
Real Name
Sidran Shu
My current Fronts and Surrounds are pairs of BIC America Floorstandings from the 90's and they have treated me very well over the years. Most likely going to move a pair to my room and the other pair to the garage. But my main curiosity would be which one would be better for fronts for the time being? Since the FH65B's are ported won't they have a little more "oomph" compared the sealed FH6's?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks