BIC America Acoustech speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by RodM, Feb 21, 2005.

1. RodM

RodM Auditioning

Has anyone ever heard BIC America Acoustech speakers, or know someone that does? I am considering purchasing them, but I want more info before I invest. They claim to be better and have better reviews than Klipsch, but I want someone with some experience with these speakers.

2. BrianMe

BrianMe Stunt Coordinator

Try Onkyo, refurbished direct from Onkyo. For the money, you can't beat them for the price.

3. lee ison

lee ison Stunt Coordinator

the bic's got rave reveiws yrs. ago in the now defunct stereo reveiw in think it was 99, by the way the bic'&onkyo speakers were made at the same plant in Tiffin [email protected] the time.I bought apair of the 6.5" towers, theysounded pretty good. that co . was bought out and since closed

4. RodM

RodM Auditioning

Actually, the review for the Acoustech speakers was dated March 2004 in Audiophile magazine. That is why I am trying to find anyone that has some.

5. JeremiahH

JeremiahH Auditioning

I have this set of speakers and really like them. I don't think that you can get a better set of speakers for the money (assuming the cost of the 5.1 set is $699 like Costco had). Where did you see them for sale? I am interested in getting two more of the surround speakers to move up to a 7.1 setup, but haven't been able to find them.

The following link will lead you to where you can read more info and more opinions about these speakers. (Edit - I tried to post the link, but apparently still can't, so go to hometheaterspot.com and look in the "BIC America/Acoustech" section and you will see what I am talking about.

Good luck.

6. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Jeremiah,

You can find individual pieces of BIC Acoustech speakers for sale at Buy.Com and also Amazon.com. The prices are pretty good.

Rod, I did have a chance to hear these speakers at Costco about a year ago when they were stocked in the store. At the time, I attended a demo session where they had a BIC employee on site handling the demo. The sound was truly amazing for the price.

7. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

Check out Audioreview.com

they have some BIC reviews there.

8. Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V Supporting Actor

Tina
    I have begun a year-long speaker overhaul for my main 7.1 system, going through BIC Acoustech to make it happen. So far, I have the center channel speaker and the subwoofer. The former provides clear, detailed sound; the latter, which arrived last night, has riveting, resonnating, pounding deep bass thus far.

The towers and the surrounds shall come next. [​IMG]