What's new

Biamp and BW nautilus (1 Viewer)

MichelK

Auditioning
Hello,

I have 4 BW Nautlus 803 and 1 HTM1, in a traditionnal passive biamp (I keep the speakers 'crossover)) can I get a better solution than an high end multichannel amp (classe, EAD, THeta) for a similar budget (let's say up to 1000 $ more) ?

For example if I take 5 Rotel RB1080 will it be better than a single CAV-180...I don't think so and you ? Other amplifiers ?

My problem :

5 * Quality_Stereo_amp > =Quality_High_end_multichannel_amp

5 * Price_Stereo_amp

John A. Casler

Second Unit
Although you might not think of CineNova as a "high end" amp it is the equivalent of any SS amp out there and many times better than most.
.003% distortion that goes "down" as the power goes UP!
A friend and I just bought a 3 and a 5 channel (he loves his 3) I can't fit the 5 into my space (it is well over 100 pounds)
Brand new still sealed - see Hardware link below
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf...&threadid=71776
John

Kevin T

Screenwriter
michel:
you might wanna check into some of the older aragon line of amps. they can be had at incredible savings...many less than half their original msrp. check out audiogon and the occasional ubid auctions. good luck. btw...4 b&w 803's!!!! :eek: :eek:
kevin t

MichelK

Auditioning
Ok I finally ordered a Classé Audio CAV500... I search for a good AV preamp now.to match it and my nautilus speakers.
Economic : Rotel RSP 1066
Mid Price : Tag AV32 192
High end : Lexicon MC12B
others?
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks