What's new

Bi-wriring Pardigm Monitor 9's (1 Viewer)

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
I just bi-wired my Monitor 9's and think it is a definite improvement in the sound quality.

But I had to recalibrate my speaker levels with Avia, they were a few decibel levels higher, does this sound right?

Ken

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not knowing any specifics – like what gauge wire were you using before and after, cable length, etc. – it’s impossible to say.

But it really doesn’t matter if it “sounds right” or not, Ken. If you find you need to recalibrate, then do it.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Arthur, I think that wud be the case in ACTIVE BI-AMPING.

Ken, I biwired the same spkrs a coupla weeks after I had them, with the same Monster XP, and to tell the truth I didnt hear any difference. But they are still biwired!

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
Ken, I biwired the same spkrs a coupla weeks after I had them, with the same Monster XP, and to tell the truth I didnt hear any difference. But they are still biwired!
Well honestly I didn't hear the difference at first either, so I unplugged one set of wires to each speaker and put the metal bridge piece back in and the listened for a while, then I took out the bridge and biwired it again. You can definitely hear a difference at least I think so. It's not that pronounced just certain nuances, and also the +2 dB increase.

Ken

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Arthur, you're a gentleman.

This is one of Jon Risch's more tech'l articles and my eyes began to glaze, so I'll concede. I THOT you were referring to opening the spkr cabinet to physically modify the X-over, which of course doesnt apply to bi-wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks