What's new

Bi wiring speakers? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I have seen alot of speakers claiming that you can biwire them for better sound. I have been setting up home theaters for years and have never done this. What are the advantages of doing this? How is it done? Is it one speaker wire that splits off into 4 connections? Please help because I am getting a new receiver and going to rewire my system. If it makes a difference I will do the bi wire.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Have you tried searching through past threads for information on this? Bi-wiring has been discussed in great detail several times on this forum, not to mention others.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Yes, actually I have tried the search function. I did not come up with much. Also, I see alot of people saying, have you tried the search function. Well I am sure that alot of topics have been covered numerous times. I thought that was the point of this forum. I don't want to sound like a smart ass because I really do enjoy the forum and the people I have talked but come on, just a simple answer would be nice. Maybe someone has a new experience or perspective on biwiring that has not been covered in past threads. Lets be open minded.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I did find some info trying biwire. I was thrying biwiring, biwiring speakers. I should have made it more simple. But I still feel like we should just help someone when they post a thread and not tell them to try the search function. This is how we get to interact with one another. Also someone might not be too familiar with how the forum works and might not know how to search.

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
You shouldn't take offense at someone reminding you about the search feature of this site. So many questions get asked over and over again. The end result is that the people with really good answers get sick of typing the same response all the time...so they stop posting. You will be doing yourself a service to utilize the search functionality to its fullest extent. If searching does not answer your question then a new post certainly will and the new question/thought/idea will be greatly appreciated by everyone on this forum.
Thanks,
Jeff

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
I don't want to sound like a smart ass because I really do enjoy the forum and the people I have talked but come on, just a simple answer would be nice.
The thing with bi-wiring is, there is no simple answer. There are lots of if's and but's and conditions and opinions, so it is usually better to just sit down and read through the whole thing.
At least, that's how I see it. If someone asks a question which can be answered in yes/no, I usually reply with a yes or a no. If someone asks a question which can be truthfully answered only with a long explanation, I usually request that they find the thread in the last couple of months that discussed it. But, like I said, that's me. If it offends you, you have my apologies. I too believe that a forum like this exists so that people can help other people, but I also believe that I should make all attempts to find out something for myself before I post a question to a forum like this one. Again, that's just me, and it doesn't apply to anyone else.
Anyway, I'm glad you found your answers, or at least some of them, and I apologize for hurting your feelings.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
The end result is that the people with really good answers get sick of typing the same response all the time...so they stop posting.
That is so true. Case in point is the whole coax/optical question. I know I always jump in and wave the jitter flag, but of late I've been doing it a little less, I think :) You're right, after a while it just becomes pointless. Which doesn't mean I'm someone "with good answers", but it does illustrate your point about people becoming tired of posting the same information repeatedly.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Hey Saurav, didn't mean to sound that I was offended by you. Not at all. I'm not that sensative. No need to apologize. I am actually sorry for jumping ahead of myself. I do use the search function quite often, it is VERY resourceful, it's just when I typed in Biwiring, and then biwiring speakers, it came up nothing found. So I just figured there was some kind of problem at the time with the search function. And someone who is new to ths site needs to be aware of that function. I totally agree. So once again, sorry guy's, didn't mean to be so snappish. :)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I intend to try it soon. I have the same speaker wire that I am currently using laying somewhere around, but I will not be able to get the same lenght as the existing ones. Do the wires have to be the same lenght? The difference is only a foot or two, but you never know, differences were heard with more trivial stuff. Perhaps I will wait and get the same lenght just to be safe.

--

Holadem

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
Just some of the important points (to me) I picked out from reading that thread:
Bi-wiring is very easy to test. Hook it up as bi-wired. You have merely to short out the ends with the supplied bus bar and you're back to mono-wiring. It can be done almost instantaneously.
Good easy tip ;)
Thanks, and here goes my first post!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks