What's new

Bi-wiring question... (1 Viewer)

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Hey guys, i'm using Paradigm Monitor 7's through my yammy rxv496 and when i purchased them the guys there made me up a bi-wired cable. They said it would be better and told me how to connect it. Anyway, lots of time has gone past and I thought that maybe since I dont know anything about bi-wiring, I should ask this question...

On the connections to the speaker, they told me to put the thicker/fatter wire to the top(high frequency) and the thinner/lighter cable to the bottom(low fequency). Does that sound right to you? I would have thought for better bass response a thicker cable would be required. Or would it be a special type of thin wire designed for bass?

I'd hate to have been using it the wrong way around! Any suggestions would be awesome.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
If the wires are different AWG then you should really just stop using the thinner wire. Just run the thicker wire and use the jumpers on the speaker. Bi-wiring offers no real benefit. Bi-amping could make a difference, but bi-wiring is pretty much just snake oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks