What's new

Bi Wiring a Yamaha AV (1 Viewer)

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Yes you can but the benefits are debatable. You use speaker "A" for the woofers and speaker "B" for the tweeters. See pg 16.

Real Name
warren
Originally Posted by gene c

Yes you can but the benefits are debatable. You use speaker "A" for the woofers and speaker "B" for the tweeters. See pg 16.

Do you have link. Because i cant find it. Also you think there isn't much benefit in bi wiring the speakers why?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You can't post links from Yamaha's downloads because you have to register on their site. But Here's what they had to say.

Bi-wired connection

"The unit also allows you to make bi-wired connections to one speaker system. Use two pairs of speaker cables for each speaker (one for the woofer and one for the tweeter/mid-range). To use bi-wired connections, press Speaker A and Speaker B on the front panel so the SP A and B light up on the front panel display."

And don't forget to remove the binding straps between the terminals first.

I and many other forum members have tried b-wiring and found that there just isn't any improvement in sound quality to be heard. Maybe in theory it sounds like a good idea but I just don't think it's worth the trouble. And my Swans actually have three sets of binding posts. B-amping is a different story but only if you use two power supplies, not just the 6/7 channels of a receiver in a 5.1 setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks