Bi-wire my HTD Level 3's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd Pricer, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Todd Pricer

Todd Pricer Auditioning

Hello,
    I'm wondering if anyone here can give some recommendations on bi-wiring my speakers (either for or against). I have HTD Level Three 5.1 setup (with Towers in front) and they are set up to bi-wire.
    I have an Onkyo 595 receiver.
    Should I or should I not bi-wire my speaker setup? Also, anyone have any good links on how to do this, as I haven't found any good explanations on how exactly this is done...
    Thanks! [​IMG]

2. John Sully

John Sully Stunt Coordinator

IMHO, buy-wiring is a crock. It might be worth it if you are using 22AWG wire, but you shouldn't be doing that anyway. Otherwise it is just a waste of money, and if you have long runs it can be a waste of several hundred dollars.

3. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    No... just use decent sized wiring (14 or 12 gauge should be fine). Home Depot is a good source (audio specific wiring is not required either)...

4. Todd Pricer

Todd Pricer Auditioning

Okay, I won't bi-wire my speakers. But what about bi-amping them? The HTD Level Three's can be bi-amped, too, according to the manual. Do you think it would be worth the additional cost? My initial inclination is to think it wouldn't be that much better or different for the amount it would cost to do it.