1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Bfd??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by RyanJE, Feb 18, 2005.

1. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

Im interested in getting one of these. Does it only EQ the sub. How hard is it to use actually. I read over the site and doesn't seem too bad, but what do you guys think. Also I have a JBL e250, would it really be worth the 100$?? I mean is the difference that noticeable.

2. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

Ryan,

have you got a curve of your sub response done up? That will probably tell if you need the BFD, or if it will be worth it.

Indicators are nasty peaks and/or dips and generally uneven response. There is an excel sheet downloadable from Sonnie Parker's excellent BFD guide. After doing the curve and there are peaks/dips you could always try moving the sub position first before investing in a BFD. And if that fails or you cannot explore different locations then a BFD may be the solution.

3. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

If you really want one, I have a practically new one that I will sell you for $50. I did away with my subs.

4. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

Ill have to check my rooms freq response. I havent read the entire directions for the BFD yet. Does it tell you how to in them??