What's new

BFD software question...which one is it? (1 Viewer)

Chris Hussak

Auditioning
I think it was DAX that said he was using the software to graphically see the BFD settings...which software did you download?
I went to Behringer's website and downloaded what they said was the BFD DSP1100P edit software but it actually is software for the Virtualizer..not exactly what I was looking for. Am I missing something?
Here is what I downloaded...http://www.behringer.com/eng/support...e/dsp1100p.htm
Thanks for the help...
Chris

Dax Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,
Hmmmm... you're looking at the right page, but they're offering the wrong software. D'oh!
confused.gif

There isn't an installer or a bunch of support files, just one executable file called DSP1100.exe - it's only 550kb, so I could email it to you if you'd like.
------------------
Dax R. Scott - DVD Addict
Ask yourself... what would Ditka do?

Chris Hussak

Auditioning
Dax,
Double D'oh!! I was borderline mental case trying to figure out what I was doing wrong
furious.gif

If you could email me the file, I would be loving life(even more after I get my sub EQ'd)
biggrin.gif

Big time thanks!
Chris

Dax Scott

Stunt Coordinator
If you're going mental now, wait until you try to use the software for the first time!
laugh.gif

Don't worry, it doesn't take long to get the hang of it. By now you should have the software in your inbox, so EQ away!
------------------

Phil Olson

Stunt Coordinator
Dax,
I downloaded that software some time ago but could never get it to work. Is there some magic incantation that you have to say over the unit to get it to upload/download data?
I've tried two different PC's with two different sound cards and two different cables to no avail.
So give it up! What's the magic forumla? :)
Phil

Dax Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry Phil, I never connected my PC to the BFD - I only used the software so I could see how my filters were interacting graphically. There would have been far more effort involved in moving my PC to the HT than it took to just use the buttons on the front of the BFD to set it up. :)
------------------

BruceD

Screenwriter
Paul or Dax,
Could I get one of you to email me the software for the
BFD 1100PRO? [email protected]
I downloaded 2 files from Behringer's site (file listed as 1100P editor and the file listed as 1000 editor under the virtualizer 1000 section. They are both essentially the same program for the Virtualizer 1000, just different beta versions.
My BFD 1100 PRO should be here on Monday.
Thanks,
Bruce

Phil Olson

Stunt Coordinator
Dax,
Sorry 'bout that! It looks like Paul answered my question though.
Paul,
It looks from your post that you can change individual filters in real time. Is this true? I thought from the manual that you could only upload/download a whole configuration.
I hope to give this a try this Friday or so. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks,
Phil

BruceD

Screenwriter
The saga continues . . .
I'm currently trying to figure out if the PortmanPC-P (parallel port) MIDI adapter from Midiman will work with my Multimedia Hitachi Notebook. If zsounds answers my questions about it, I should be able to order that as well.
The Behringer software seems to execute just fine and it looks like I cam select among various devices for both MIDI-in and MIDI-out. Now I just have to wait until UPS delivers my BFD.
More to come as I find out what works.
BruceD

Chris Hussak

Auditioning
Just an update from my experience with the BFD and software...
I, like Dax, didn't hook my PC to the BFD but rather used the software to "see" what the filters were doing...let me just say I wouldn't mess with the BFD without it!
After Dax emailed me the program(thanks Dax!)(since the BFD site has the wrong file
furious.gif
), I took my room measurements with the Stryke Bass CD along with Avia LFE sweeps then went upstairs to my pc and flattened things out "visually" using the BFD software(ended up having to use 6 filters), went back downstairs put my settings into the BFD using the front controls, remeasured the room, made a couple minor adjustments and....I am now in bass nirvona
drool.gif
!!
Thanks to all those who posted there experiences...it made my life much easier!
Chris

Phil Olson

Stunt Coordinator
O.K. I got home and got it to work after some figiting. One thing no one mentioned is that you need to end the midi program on the FBD before you can use it, (after it's sync'd up).
You can tell if it's sync'd because the IN/OUT led flashes twice as fast as the STORE led. That's when you can hit the IN/OUT button to end the MIDI session on the FBD. The STORE led then flashes about once a second indicating that it is talking to the MIDI interface.
One more question. How do you store the results once you have set all of your filters? Is there a command from the software?
All in all, once you get it to work, it's the only way to go. I have LAUD on one PC and FBD on another. Next weekend I'll be doing the serious tweaking.
Thanks as well for the timely info.
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks