What's new

BFD setup for Music and HT (1 Viewer)

Ranga

Stunt Coordinator
Just ordered the BFD based on recommendations here to address my SVS boominess problem.
But I have a unique situation with the connections -
I have a Sherwood DVD player (with the DTD decoder) connected to a 5-ch preamp (no bass mgmt in 5.1 mode) for Movies. The speakers are set to SMALL with a 80Hz crossover.
For music, I have the digital out from the DVD player going to an external DAC and then connected to the pre-amp. The pre-amp's bass mgmt can then be used to select different crossovers (flat/80/120) and also control the sub-out levels.
At present, I have the sub-out from the DVD player connected to sub-in on the and the sub-out on the pre-amp connected to the SVS sub line-in. The pre-amp's bass mgmt is active only when I select the 2-ch input.
Now the questions -
1. How would I connect the BFD in this setup?
2. Can I have different crossovers (80Hz at the DVD player for movies) and FLAT (fits below the fronts -3db response) for Music with the same setting on the EQ or should I set both crossovers to 80Hz?
3. Will the DVD's bass mgmt be active when using it's digital out?
Here's a link to my setup..
HT setup

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Looking at your diagram you only have one connection to your subwoofer? Place the BFD right before the SVS sub-in (you want to EQ after all the bass management stuff is done anyway). You can set up two different programs on the BFD (one for music, one for HT) if you want...

Ranga

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I have a single sub-out to the sub. Should I have two?

If so, will using the tape loop preserve all the bass below the crossover?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks