What's new

BFD - Humm....noise.......driving me nuts (1 Viewer)

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
Hello and thanks for looking

I have recently added a BFD and have a horrible humm thru the subs. I have read Sonnie's great BFD FAQ and tried several searches here with no luck.

I have tried the cheater plug
Unhooking the TV cable
Gains

About my set up. All my equipemnt is rack mounted with rack ears. Connections are: Lexicon DC2 preamp > BFD > Kenwood KMZ1 amp > (2) PE 15 DVC's. The BFD power is connected to a panamax 1000+ with is switched via the preamp. I will be moving it over to a "always on" terminal for the turn on thump. I tried turning on the BFD before the amp, after, and same time - all thump. I and using the XLR input - I cut an rca cable and pin 2 hot signal - pin 1 and 3 to ground.

Please any advice would be welcomed. My next option is to remove it and go to a differ piece. TIA

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
umm i have the Panamax 1000+ and a BFD and i am fine, I have my BFD on all the time same with the Panamax.
Have you tried running your sub with just RCA, my guess is the conversion to XLR from RCA, not 100% but just a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks