What's new

BFD for me? (1 Viewer)

Christopher M

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sony V333 ES Receiver, and an SVS 20-39 PC+, and Definitive Technologies BP8 Tower Speakers (Mains).

We did the VE audio setup, and run the sub about 2DB hot. I'm sure that my room is affecting the curve though. We have 3 couches, and other furniture. Plus the room is 25x27x10 (6750CF)

Would we benefit greatly from the BFD? I've read a few sites, and tuning info. I'm willing to put in the time to do it right, if it'll be a benefit. Thanks.

Murdock

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Christopher,

You are correct, the room will definitely affect your response cure. Virtually any sub will benefit from equalizing.

However, any equalizing will place increased demands on both the driver and the amplifier. This is especially a concern in a room as large as yours. Getting good output extension down to 25Hz or lower in a room this size requires some serious “woofage,” so make sure you have enough going in.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Christopher M

Stunt Coordinator
Well, its a PC+ so its got a BASH 525W amp on it. Have had any problems so far with limits, or clipping.

Murdock

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks