BFD as a crossover

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stephen Dodds, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Stephen Dodds

Stephen Dodds Second Unit

Would it be possible to use the BFD as a two way mono crossover, and is anyone doing this?

Cheers

Steve

2. The BFD DOES NOT function at all as a cross over. It is a parametric EQ only. Sorry.

3. Stephen Dodds

Stephen Dodds Second Unit

I realise it doesn't include a crossover, but if you set one channel with say everything cut above 100Hz and the other channel with everything cut below 100Hz would it have the same function as one?

Steve

4. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Only in the bands you attenuate. You will still have full volume on the bands not attenuated. I actually use one of my filters on my BFD to get a little less midbass and it acts as a higher order crossover in the frequencies I choose along with my receivers sub output crossover.
    Experiment with it and you will find a sound you like.

5. It would SORT OF work IF the bfd had some sort of Shelving filter...but it doesn't. ...so what Jeff said is as much as you can you.

6. Ted_Polzin

Ted_Polzin Stunt Coordinator

If you want a active crossover why not look at making one. This one would be stereo 2 way and only cost a few hundred ... go to http://sound.westhost.com/project09.htm it is no harder to make this than a DIY sub ...
    Ted