1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

BFD and "Home Curve" ?'s

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by JohnGil, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnGil

JohnGil Stunt Coordinator

I posted this in the "DIY and Advc" forum but getting no takers mabe this area is better suited.

Well I bought a BFD the other day and have been reading post after post on EQing subs. Im fairly new to the EQing realm and all these posts are starting to make my head spin. The more I read the more I'm convinced that using "Home Curve" is the way to go. Now through all this reading I have yet to read how to determine exactly what the "Home Curve" is and how I go about determining it in MY room.

From what I gather, the home curve is the natural response of the room taken with the RS SPL "C" whighted and "slow" response with no correction factor. Then you would use the BFD ParEQ to tame the peaks based on this raw data.

I'm trying to take the info I need and apply it without too much technical junk getting in my way (keeping it simple).

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Hardly. Two people responded, and one asked for follow-up information, which you didn't provide.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=178191

I'm closing this thread. If you'd like the other one moved here, send me an email. But first you might want to check in with the people who are trying to help you.

M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.