What's new

BFD alternative use question (1 Viewer)

VinhT

Second Unit
I know the Behringer Feedback Destroyer does wonders for room acoustics regarding subwoofers. Can it also be used in the higher frequency spectrum to flatten out the perceived response of the accompanying satellite or bookshelf speakers?

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I believe you can pick the location and scope of 12 different adjustments all across the spectrum per channel.

Peek at the website....

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Vinh- I asked this question a very little while back, along the same thought process. :)
The answer I got was: you could, but you wouldn't want to.
The BFD uses DACs and ADCs, that while OK for performance for sub freqs, are not judged as OK for higher stuff. One dude sounded like he tried it, and said the BFD imparts a "digital" sound, brashness, harshness, etc.
I have comes across units from Rane, Symetrix, and Audio Control that would be a better fit.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Vinh- I found another one... But you (and I) ain't going to like the price...
Link Removed
But cheaper than the $9000 Audio Control Diva! :)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Keep I mind, Vin, that you will need an equalizer for each channel you want to tweak. This can get pretty expensive, even with used EQs. You also need pre-outs and main-ins (or lacking that, outboard amps) for all channels you connect an equalizer to.

It will also take much time and patience setting up each one independently.

All in all, not a prospect for the faint-of-heart.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Wayne- (I'm glad you saw this...)

But maybe Vinh is going to "cheat" like myself, and just do the mains. (I'm an 80% music, 20% home theater guy. And even with HT, generally, most of the "action" in a soundtrack is in the front.)

I have a Symetrix 552E on the way. Will be interesting to see how it all goes together. (BFD for the sub.)

Oh, I got confirmation from Sabine, that their Power-Q ADF-4000 is a 24 bit/48 kHz unit. Not bad.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Kevin,

That’s the two-channel version, right? – so you’re going to EQ the mains?

I saw one of these on e-bay the other day. Is that where you got it?

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks