What's new

BFD +6 hrs, tell me I'm on the right track (1 Viewer)

Travis

Second Unit
I've spent about 3 hrs a night for the last couple nights trying to figure out how to get my frequency response better. I tried to make a house curve for 2 reasons. 1, because I actually think it will sound better for HT and 2, because I had such a nasty null at 63hz that I had to. All adjustments were cuts except for 63 hz which I had to boost 7 db just to get it to show on the chart. Is 7 too much in that frequency range? Here are the inputs
F1 32+8 band 15 cut 7
F2 25+10 band 1 cut 6
F3 50-8 band 3 cut 4
F4 50+6 band 9 cut 7
F5 63+0 band 1 add 7
F6 80+7 band 7 cut 8

The chart is with the mains on. I cut the hell out of the 85 hz range and couldn't get it to budge. I even made sure it was on Hz. For some reason it defaulted to Khz which threw me for a loop for a while trying to figure out why cutting 15db wasn't changing anything. Any input is appreciated. I know there is a little more tweaking to be done but I think it's fairly close. P.S. Sorry for the poor picture, I couldn't figure out how to transfer it without scanning.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Travis, you may want to plot the graph first with just the Sub on to see if the crossover to the mains is giving you the boost at 85Hz.

What are the crossover settings on your receiver and/or Sub?

The 63Hz drop is most likely from room response and you won't help it unless you try moving the Sub around first. If you can, try the 'place the sub in your listening position and crawl around the room' trick for Sub placement, then if that is a suitable spot, try EQ'ing again.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Try inverting the phase on the sub and see what that does to the area around your crossover. In my room I had a monster dip at the XO point until I adjusted the phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks