What's new

Beyond TV stuttering (1 Viewer)

Steve Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I am running BTV 4.0 and at times the audio will stutter when I am replaying recorder shows. I believe this may be due to my harddrive being fragmented. I have tried the installed windows defragmenter, as well as the defragmenter in System Mechanic 6. The map in both defragmenters appear to show plenty of open space to move files around in order to defragment the drive, but there are usually a couple of files that neither program will defragment (usually movies or some other longer show.) Is there a defragmenter program that will work better, or any other suggestions why my audio would stutter? I am using an IAW video card, and I know there are issues with the software coding versus hardware, but my impression is that those issues are mostly video not audio.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
unless your hard drive was severely fragmented, that isnt the problem. what are your stats, is the computer fast enough? is this a new problem?

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks