Beyond the whaite van speakers....how about some counterfeit speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Danny Tse, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Phil Jones is a well-known speaker designer who worked for Boston Acoustics and UK's Acoustic Energy. In recent years, he set up his own speaker company called AAD (American Acoustic Development). Here's the company's website with the counterfeit product warning....

http://www.aadsound.com

However, looks like a company from China has stolen the images, text, and logo from AAD's website.....

http://www.aadaudio.com/home.htm

2. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

The chinese website references the same distributors as the AAD website. If it is a counterfeiting scam, it is a pretty piss-poor one.

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surpised to find that the counterfeit chinese company is the same manufacturing company that is making the real AAD speakers. People ship their manufacturing to China, the company set up the tooling, and then starts making counterfeit pieces to sell directly.

any idea where the real speakers are made? I bet 10 bucks that it is China.

3. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

I was right

Another reason that outsourcing generally a bad idea.

4. John S

John S Producer

If you look up dealers on both websites, they come up the same... I don't get it..... Just to weirdo.

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

6. Fred_Krampits

Fred_Krampits Stunt Coordinator

A little unreleated to speakers.

When we hired China during the 90's to launch satellites for us they used a launch failure to steal our technology. It helped their guidance system development immeasurably.

China has a law that software can not be copy protected, and we wonder why there is so much piracy.

Any manufacturer that outsources to China deserves what they get. Like the old folk tale, when the lady saved the snake and it later bit her, the snake said "after all I am a snake.". (This remark is directed to the Chinese government not it's fine citizens)

7. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

Sounds like Phil is in a pissing match with the manufacturer of his speakers. (Or maybe it's a misunderstanding due to language differences?) Since they have the same distributors I'm not sure how you know which ones are counterfeit [​IMG]. Bizarre.