Beyond The Poseidon Adventure

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Charles H, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Charles H

Charles H Screenwriter

"On Video" is listing a release date of May 2, 2006 for BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (1979). Although it includes a vintage featurette, the listing morphs the cast of the upcoming POSEIDON (Richard Dreyfuss, Kurt Russell) with the cast of the 1979 feature (Sally Fields, Michael Caine, Karl Malden, Shirley Jones) and although it is supposed to be released three weeks from today, I have not seen any postings on Amazon, DVD Planet, or DVD Empire. Anyone have any info on this? (Some of us Irwin Allen completists -- me--are still waiting for WB to release THE STORY OF MANKIND also.)

2. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

If this isn't released now, it's pretty dumb as there will never be a better time.

When this aired on ABC, it contained about 30 mins of additional footage. Since the longer version of THE SWARM appeared on DVD, I wish they'd do the same here.

3. JerryKILL

JerryKILL Stunt Coordinator

Let's not forget "When Time Ran Out..." which essentially ended the 70s disaster era. Only Allen completists (me and Chales H maybe) would publicly express a desire to actually see this film, unreleased on DVD.

I had also noticed Beyond the Poseidon Adventure listed by OnVideo for months now...but it seemed to be the only place.

4. Lucas Anderson

Add me to the list Jerry. 'When Time Ran Out' part of the awesome 70s decade of disaster movies, that I would love to add it to my DVD library. I too am hoping for Beyond the Poseidon Adventure.