Beyond Re-Animator

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Julie K, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

I'm a bit skeptical about the premise of this one (Herbert West in prison? No Dan Cain?) but I'll have to pick up the DVD as soon as its released anyway.

Some pictures here.

It's interesting to see a character with the name "Howard Philips" in the credits.

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Julie,
    Is this film ever going to have a limited theatrical run or is it going to be straight-to-video? I REALLY REALLY want to see this [​IMG] [​IMG]

IMDB cites that Dan Cain is in the film... maybe it just isn't shown in the trailer?

3. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Blind purchase for me. Dagon was a great blind purchase, so that paves the way for this one. Thanks Julie

4. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

It may get a small theatrical release, but I'm betting it's going to be straight-to-video like Dagon (which should have been on the big screen everywhere).

Dan Cain is definitely not in the movie. They couldn't afford both Jeffrey Combs and Bruce Abbott.

And while I dearly loved Dagon, I really hated Arachnid. So I'm setting my expectations somewhere in the middle.

5. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

Can we say "straight to video?" [​IMG]

Jeffrey Combs told some website that when shooting the film, he thought it would be a complete disaster. After filming was complete and he came back to do ADR work on the film. He said the parts of the completed film he got to witness actually "worked together" and the final product will probably be a good follow-up to Re-Animator. As long as it's better than Bride of Re-Animator. [​IMG]

6. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

7. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

I read the link Julie posted and Bruce Abbott wants money now to star in movies? I'm sure Lions Gate gave the film some money to cast Bruce Abbott. [​IMG] Since they got Jeffrey Combs back, I'm all up for a third film. I'm sure Lions Gate will release the film to DVD before the year's end. Since they treat all low budget horror with respect, we should have the DVD before the end of summer with a nice anamorphic transfer and audio commentary. [​IMG]