What's new

Beyond HD sources (for real)!? (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real details seem to be fuzzy. There does seem to be plenty of hype though. It sounds like some sort of download service. I don't like the idea of the content being keyed to the server that you buy. That sort of thing was a big concern for people in regards to BD during the format fracas. People were unhappy with the possibility of BDs being keyed to a specific player. Now someone is proposing a service that does just that sort of thing.

The quality would have to be out of this world before I would contemplate a service like that.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
This doesn't seem aimed at the home market. Homes don't need more than 1080p and anyone who says different is trying to sell you something. =p

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

The information I read was that it has commercial applications but could also be used in a home environment. Someone brought up the issue of price. One of the principals mentioned that the 70TB server would be at about the price of a mid-priced projector. Of course his idea of mid-priced may be a lot different than mine. Mid-priced to me is about 3-5 thousand dollars. It also sounds like you would have to have a projector that is compliant with the standards they are using. IMO, in a home environment, this system as a complete unit would still have to be classed as "high end" users only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation156
Recent bookmarks