What's new

Beyonce dances on Grant's Tomb (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I did not see the show, could some one fill in the details? If I recall correctly Grant's tomb is located in a little park on the upper west side.

Was her show simply a performance that took place in the park or did she actually perform inside the tomb?

By the way, when I was there the tomb was in bad shape and needed repairs badly. If any one wants to talk about disrespectful perhaps they should start with how the tomb was allowed to fall into such decay.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Maybe Beyonce and 50 Cent should have a tour in which they dance and rap on every dead president's tomb, call it The Dead Presidentz Tour. I can just see Beyonce dancing on Lincoln's lap in Washington D.C.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I would think that would be difficult...wouldn't it be rather small, dusty, dark and dirty?
Very funny Mike. :)

The tomb itself does have enough room for a small group performance; the sarcophagus on the other hand would be small, dusty, and dark. In other words somewhat similar in size to a typical NY City studio apartment.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
One thing about Grant, I have never seen a picture of him smile after he reinlisted in the army during the civil war.
She made him smile.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Did you actually see that "striptease"? I had heard about it, but when she guested Oprah a while ago they showed it... and oh my God, that was so innocent and obviously planned that I can't believe it was even called "striptease". It was a fun little joke on Carson Daly, and that's it. I don't understand why this "incident" is referred to as "proof" of Mariah's "craziness".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks