Bewitched TV series on DVD anytime soon?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mickey P, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Mickey P

Mickey P Agent

With all the old TV series that have been coming out and been announced, has anyone seen anthing about Bewitched or I Dream Of jeannie? What got me thinking about this was another thread asking what we are looking forward to next year! Id love to have this on DVD as I had a huge crush on Elizabeth Montgomery growing up and never missed that show. She was really a beautifull lady and I was heartbroken when she passed away! Has anyone heard or seen anything for a release of Bewitched or I dream of Jeannie seasons?

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Both were included as something you could vote for in last year's Sony/Columbia poll about which shows you wanted to see on DVD.

The poll-winners were Designing Women, Soap, The Tick, Dilbert, and NewsRadio. All are out or coming to DVD (Soap streets this Tuesday). Two others on that poll- The Critic and Barney Miller - have been announced as well. And, quite frankly, I'd be surprised if we didn't see a Diff'rent Strokes release before this Calf. Governor thing was all over. :wink:

But no word on Bewitched or I Dream Of Jeannie. I would cheerfully buy these if released in season sets!

3. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Designing Women was a winner??? [​IMG]

I would much rather see Bewitched or even The Golden Girls (Wasnt that an option as well?)

4. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

5. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

True!!!

I wasnt downing Designing Women... I dont think it's trash... I think it's watchable, but it's not a show I personally would buy... Actually none of the poll winners I would have an interest in buying... I was just sad (lol) that it got picked over the other 2... Thats all..

Golden Girls has very good ratings for syndication and I am surprised as well that it's not out yet on DVD...

6. Mickey P

Mickey P Agent

I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope they come out soon. Im hoping for Bewitched first, but as long as they both come out fairly soon, I really would`nt complain!

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Now that I go cross-check, Designing Women wasn't officially said to be a poll-winner in Columbia's release.

It only mentioned Soap, Tick, Dilbert, & NewsRadio. DW just happened to be announced as a best-of release around the same time. That's probably why it stuck in my head as being associated with the other 4. Perhaps the poll influenced things, but I doubt it since they had to have it in the pipe in order to announce it when they did.

Sorry for the confusion.