What's new

Bewitched TV series on DVD anytime soon? (1 Viewer)

Mickey P

Agent
With all the old TV series that have been coming out and been announced, has anyone seen anthing about Bewitched or I Dream Of jeannie? What got me thinking about this was another thread asking what we are looking forward to next year! Id love to have this on DVD as I had a huge crush on Elizabeth Montgomery growing up and never missed that show. She was really a beautifull lady and I was heartbroken when she passed away! Has anyone heard or seen anything for a release of Bewitched or I dream of Jeannie seasons?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Both were included as something you could vote for in last year's Sony/Columbia poll about which shows you wanted to see on DVD.

The poll-winners were Designing Women, Soap, The Tick, Dilbert, and NewsRadio. All are out or coming to DVD (Soap streets this Tuesday). Two others on that poll- The Critic and Barney Miller - have been announced as well. And, quite frankly, I'd be surprised if we didn't see a Diff'rent Strokes release before this Calf. Governor thing was all over. :wink:

But no word on Bewitched or I Dream Of Jeannie. I would cheerfully buy these if released in season sets!

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Designing Women was a winner??? :frowning:

I would much rather see Bewitched or even The Golden Girls (Wasnt that an option as well?)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Designing Women was a winner???

I would much rather see Bewitched or even The Golden Girls (Wasnt that an option as well?)
One man's trash is another man's treasure. Designing Women happens to be my favorite sitcom ever, with The Golden Girls and Bewitched running a close second. I can't imagine that Columbia wouldn't release Bewitched eventually since it's very popular part of TV Land and it's syndicated daily (or at least it was the last time I checked).

As for The Golden Girls it's owned by Buena Vista, which would be insane not to release this show soon since it's one of the most popular rerun sitcoms on basic cable.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
True!!!

I wasnt downing Designing Women... I dont think it's trash... I think it's watchable, but it's not a show I personally would buy... Actually none of the poll winners I would have an interest in buying... I was just sad (lol) that it got picked over the other 2... Thats all..

Golden Girls has very good ratings for syndication and I am surprised as well that it's not out yet on DVD...

Mickey P

Agent
I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope they come out soon. Im hoping for Bewitched first, but as long as they both come out fairly soon, I really would`nt complain!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Now that I go cross-check, Designing Women wasn't officially said to be a poll-winner in Columbia's release.

It only mentioned Soap, Tick, Dilbert, & NewsRadio. DW just happened to be announced as a best-of release around the same time. That's probably why it stuck in my head as being associated with the other 4. Perhaps the poll influenced things, but I doubt it since they had to have it in the pipe in order to announce it when they did.

Sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks