What's new

Bewitched-true black and white? (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Are we sure that the B&W sets of Bewitched are the true B&W or just the colorized versions with the color turned down? I ask this because some scenes have really flat shadowing and a very slight tint to them (almost pinkish instead of white). I know that the opening credits come from a color source. Someone said that they turned the color off of the colorized versions and they have the same exact greyscale as the B&W sets.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
It wouldn't surprise me one bit!

And my disgust increases by the hour ... :angry:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't think so; the colorized versions have an extra copyright on them. In addition, I used the screenshot comparison on the DVD Talk review to do a little test:

The black and white version is clearly different than the colorized version with the color turned off.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for that Adam......it was really nice of you to provide visual evidence. :emoji_thumbsup:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
No problem. I'm not 100% on the color version being from the DVD, but I assume so based on its context in the review. I know watching the B&W DVD looks like the first image, though. It LOOKS black and white of nature; doesn't get muddled in the mid-tones like grayscaled black and white tends to.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The most telling detail is Samantha's "widow's peak." It doesn't exist on the last two pictures.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Also, the colorized version have the optional language audio tracks(Spanish and Portuguese)that the b&w does not. This was done for syndicating the colorized episodes. If the sets were the same, then they should both have the same audio tracks.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks