Bewitched Season 8?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by David*P, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Jdcrackers

Jdcrackers Stunt Coordinator

I think that's why I don't care for sitcoms today...I just love the 50s-70s and some of the 80s shows...the 90s and 00s shows are just not for me, maybe I was born a few decades too late lol

2. Jdcrackers

Hi David, are you going to another forum after BW S.8 is released on the entire Series Box Set? I really like how you set up each season and there is so much information you post. Have you ever thought about writing a book about Bewitched?
    David, also how do I create an avatar?

3. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    No, I'm staying here. Every so often when I find something new that relates to a certain season I dig through the posts to find that season and post it there.
    I have thought about writing a book I just gotta put it all together and find a publisher.
    As far as an avatar goes, you have to find a pic that is the maximum size of 250 by 250 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller), click on the User CP link up at top and Edit Profile and then Change Profile Picture. You can either use one from the net or from your computer.

4. Jdcrackers

Thanks David, I found this pic on Photobucket... i shrunk it down so it would fit... [​IMG]

5. MBrousseau

MBrousseau Stunt Coordinator

Martin Brousseau
    Your new avatar is great, Mike! I used to have a copy of that same picture fom Elizabeth in a rattan armchair, taken from a color magazine. [​IMG]
    (.... and by the way, did you receive my mp3 file?)

6. Jdcrackers

Hi Martin I received your email, but the mp3 file didn't open, I was going to ask you to resend it, but wasn't for sure of you were back in town... thanks for asking though [​IMG].... It would be nice if Season 8 came out by summer and the box set came out for the holiday's... I wish there was a way we could tell Sony what to include on Season 8. However, there really isn't much to include on that season. I do have another question for you guys. Why is it the Japanese Box Set has so many discs whereas in the USA we have less than half of those. 33-35 if they include the series Tabitha and some bonus footage, but I think the Japanese had like 58 discs.... just curious
    Thanks Martin for the compliment on my Avatar [​IMG]

7. MBrousseau

Martin Brousseau
    Oh! I'm sorry to hear that!
    I just sent it back to you. Hope this time it will be all right!

8. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    Guys, want some AWESOME news????
    I just heard from a contact at Sony that S8 will be out before the summer is even half over!!!
    Without an official change, look for it on 7/14!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Jdcrackers

Are you serious? That is great news!!! That means if that is the case, then the box set may be out by Christmas of 09 [​IMG] I really hope this is true!! Because I only remember the last 3 episodes and a few in the middle, the rest are memories from early childhood [​IMG]

10. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    Wa-Hoo! Can't wait to get the final season!

11. Jdcrackers

John how sure do you think this is? I think they will use that pic of Liz that David posted in the beginning of this forum... [​IMG], the one with red tie around her neck or the other one... I just hope they don't neglect Adam on the Box Set. I hope they put him on the box alongside Tabitha and Darrin and Sam and Endora and include Adam and Tabitha on a DVD, Samantha, Darrin and Larry...

12. Jdcrackers

Hey guys, if Season 8 does come out this Summer, what colour would you want the box set to be? Sony if you read this, please make it orange or yellow... something we haven't had yet... and please include Adam on the front... he was important to the show. Since the Elder Stephens, Gladys and Abner and Uncle Arthur were not in the 8th and Final Season this package art should be great [​IMG]

13. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    Well, considering he works in the TV on dvd department of Sony, pretty sure. Of course, that doesn't mean the date may not change. Maybe he'll send me the various preliminary artwork like he did before.
    As far as the packaging, I really don't care what color it is. And I never really found Adam that imporant to the show, but I wouldn't quibble with his picture being on the set somewhere. Especially since, as you said, so many other regulars don't appear in S8.
    I'm just happy it's only 4 months away. [​IMG] It took the sting off the All in the Family news. [​IMG]

14. Jdcrackers

Hi John, thanks so much
    Do you know what is taking so long with All in The Family? I really love that show and I have got season 1...can u tell me if they are all regular or are they cut... I purchased Sabrina and it is cut like Mama's Family... If All in the Family isn't cut I will purchase them all... Thanks again John

15. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    I believe AITF are all the uncut network versions. I haven't come across a cut one yet. But sadly, they have stopped at Season 6, with no more plans to release any more seasons. [​IMG]

16. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    Well, this is GREAT news!!! And just in time for the BW Fanfare being held in Salem, MA the week after!
    p.s. Mike, I like your avatar[​IMG]

17. Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers Supporting Actor

The shows by all accounts I've seen are unedited on AITF on DVD. And they run 24-25 minutes which is the proper length.
    However, before DVD, some episodes came out on VHS (along with episodes of Bewitched, I Dream Of Jeannie, Gidget, etc) and some of those were edited. They were actually the versions shown on CBS in the 90's where they were cut down.
    But the DVD shows are uncut.

18. Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney Supporting Actor

I am glad to hear that the 8th season of Bewitched will be coming sometime in the summer! Like many others, I am anxious to see the final season and complete this series on DVD.
    As far as All in the Family goes, I am a bit surprised that it is not doing that well on DVD. Given how big the show was in the 70s and the impact it made on television, I thought it was going to be a success. To me, it is quite surprising that Bewitched is doing a better job than All in the Family in finding success of getting the later seasons of the show out on DVD. I guess, people find Bewitched more appealing than All in the Family in this day and age. And I am cool with that as I certainly don't want it the other way around.

19. Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers Supporting Actor

The problem with AITF's last seasons is that they are not as much revered and iconic as the first few (where they had the magical Archie/Meathead in the same house dynamic). I still want the final seasons but understand why it is on the back burner.

20. MBrousseau

Martin Brousseau
    I believe ALL IN THE FAMILY had an impact on US tv only. I never heard of that show being dubbed in another language, or shown in another foreign country. If someone knows about that show outside the USA (or even in UK) I'd like to know.
    Besides that, AITF is playing everyday on TV since... the beginning, I guess. Here in Canada, it's on the air all the time.