What's new

Bewitched Season 8? (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Originally Posted by Larry Tate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In season 4's "Allergic to Ancient Macedonian Do Do Birds" the reference is not to a Blood relative but to a relative so there is no confirmation there that Aunt Clara was Endora's sister.
As well there is never any statement that Clara is Endora's sister.
In the two episodes you refer too Hagatha & Enchantra are referred to as Sisters
as in being sisterly but there is never any connection relationship wise as to what
Endora & Aunt Clara were to each other or too Hagatha & Enchantra for that matter.
In Conclusion although it is not clear or definitive, my view is that Aunt Clara, Endora, Hagatha
and Enchantra were indeed sisters but it was never confirmed on screen so to speak.
Larry Tate :)
Technically true, but academic. The reference is more than clear: Dr. Bombay said the powers could not attach themselves to strangers, it would have to be a relative. It makes no sense that it could be an "in-law" in that case. Why would an in-law be any more susceptible than a stranger? And in "Witches and Warlocks Are My Favorite Things" Clara remarks... quite pointedly... that the two other sisters arrived together by commenting, "You came together. How very sisterly of you." And again, why would her sisters-in-law be the ones to form the coven to make her earthbound?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
RE: Temperatures Rising, that was only a part of the deal with ABC. That same season (1972-73) Bill Asher produced and directed The Paul Lynde Show for Screen Gems and ABC. He was a busy, busy man that year.

Larry Tate

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry Tate
Originally Posted by JohnMor /forum/thread/283275/bewitched-season-8/270#post_3594187
Technically true, but academic. The reference is more than clear: Dr. Bombay said the powers could not attach themselves to strangers, it would have to be a relative. It makes no sense that it could be an "in-law" in that case. Why would an in-law be any more susceptible than a stranger? And in "Witches and Warlocks Are My Favorite Things" Clara remarks... quite pointedly... that the two other sisters arrived together by commenting, "You came together. How very sisterly of you." And again, why would her sisters-in-law be the ones to form the coven to make her earthbound?
Not academic at all, there is a difference between relative & blood relative & one is stated & the other not.
To extrapolate one to the other is misleading to readers of such post, it is perfectly reasonable that just being a relative could magically make one susceptible to such power transference especially as there would have been a great deal of physical interaction between the transferer & the transferee, such interaction has many times caused a magical effect, bottom line is that it does not say Blood relative, that is not a techniality but a fact.
There is no reason to think that only relatives could be allowed to make up a coven of any type deciding on the fate of another witch or warlock, quite the opposite one would think those outside the family would be brought in to determine the fate of said witch so as to ensure the fox was not guarding the chicken coop.
As well Hierarchy could determine such coven membership rendering being a relative or not moot.
Again Bottom line the thought that Hagatha & Enchantra are sisters of Endora & Clara is a thought & guess not a fact & that should be clearly delineated.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Originally Posted by DeWilson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
:)
Actually, on the subject of relatives - I often wondered if Endora and Maurice were actually ever Married!
While they never actually said the word "married" they did plan on getting an "Ectoplasmic Interlocutory" in Season Five's episode, "Samantha's Good News." So since "interlocutory decrees" were most often used in divorces (see here, http://www.nolo.com/definition.cfm/Term/3A26E080-FA7B-4D70-A10E0CBA7B7E7162/alpha/I/), the implication is that they were indeed married.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I know this is going back to season 3, but does anyone notice that from that Halloween episode that Boris the guy with Ava the cat was already in the house getting a drink before he and Eva walked up to the house? I think it would be kind of cool if Sony released all the holiday episodes of BW on DVD! Anyone know anything about the Fan favourites coming out or heard anything about the box set?

Larry Tate

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry Tate
Originally Posted by Jdcrackers /forum/thread/283275/bewitched-season-8/270#post_3597706
I know this is going back to season 3, but does anyone notice that from that Halloween episode that Boris the guy with Ava the cat was already in the house getting a drink before he and Eva walked up to the house? I think it would be kind of cool if Sony released all the holiday episodes of BW on DVD! Anyone know anything about the Fan favourites coming out or heard anything about the box set?
Hummmmm maybe it was Boris's lookalike cousin Fredrick who just happened to pop into the same party ;)
Nothing new on either DVD set, Christmas is the most logical time i think for the box set, nor any news on the fan favorites set other then The Joker is wild will be on it.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I doubt I will purchase the fan favourites set, but I do want the complete box set. My friends and I have been watching season 3 and they are getting into the show too... Liz looks like she got a good tan over the break between seasons 2 and 3. I hope Sony includes the whole episode of the Franklin parts 1 and 2 on the box set. I noticed that Gladys in season 3 gets a bit meaner towards the Stephens especially in Soap Box Derby. But back to season 8 does anyone know where they filmed the Loch Ness scene at? It kind of looks like the lake/pond they used in Friday the 13th part 3.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Jd, that is why I hate these studios who would rather release a $15 fan favoruites DVD rather than go with those familiar 'test drive' DVD's that Warner Brothers released. Does everyone remember those? Warner Brothers released a string of 'test drive' DVD's that contained two episode of a particular TV series they released on DVD and also included a $5 (or was that $10) discount coupon off the purchase price of the actual DVD set for that series.

I remember that Warner Brothers released such DVD's like Babylon 5, Dukes of Hazzard (I think) and those DVD's only cost about $10, sometimes cheaper.

I just don't buy those 'favourite episodes' collections because they are a waste of money. Rather than spend $10 or $15 on such a DVD, I'll buy a DVD season set of a show that I was on the fence about.

The only good thing about those 'fan favourite' DVD's is that they provoke me into buying a DVD set from another studio and that happens more frequently, with me, than you think.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
ZipZip over at HarpiesBizarre.com posted a link today for what is said to be the fan favorites collection and I'm REALLY disappointed:

http://www.customaniacs.org/forum/tv-show-scanned-covers/71260-fan-favorites-bewitched.html

They have chosen to go with the first nine episodes of Season Two for some reason...granted, those are all great episodes, but I would think with a fan favorites collection you would pick and choose various episodes from all seasons, and for them to doubt the first episode with Uncle Arthur, why not go with ALL of Uncle Arthur's appearances? And they are also using the Second Season set's cover art, which in a way makes sense, but it's really lazy in my opinion.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I bet that they highlighted "Uncle Arthur's first appearance because he was in the Bewitched movie, possibly to drive sales on the DVD movie and the DVD boxed sets. At any rate, I have all eight seasons which I plan on sitting down this weekend and finish watching.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Wow! I didn't think it was possible for the "Fan Favorites" collection to be any dumber in execution than it was in conception... but I was wrong. Who the heck came up with that choice???

Larry Tate

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry Tate
Originally Posted by Jdcrackers /forum/thread/283275/bewitched-season-8/270#post_3598233
I doubt I will purchase the fan favourites set, but I do want the complete box set. My friends and I have been watching season 3 and they are getting into the show too... Liz looks like she got a good tan over the break between seasons 2 and 3. I hope Sony includes the whole episode of the Franklin parts 1 and 2 on the box set. I noticed that Gladys in season 3 gets a bit meaner towards the Stephens especially in Soap Box Derby. But back to season 8 does anyone know where they filmed the Loch Ness scene at? It kind of looks like the lake/pond they used in Friday the 13th part 3.
Yes Liz took up golfing on her hiatus from season 2 to 3 as Bill Asher liked to play it, she got a great tan & lost about 10 pounds of baby weight from season 2 looked spectacular as a result.
As for the Ben Franklin 2 parter i would not hold your breath, i bet you it will be the same edited versions dollars to dough-nuts.
I am starting to think the Loch Ness lake scene was filmed at the LA reservoir not in Loch Ness proper.
This whole fan favorites thing is a total scam, make then pay $15 for 9 episodes which would be pro rated out to $45 for the set when you can get the whole thing for $25 or less, what a joke.

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
Originally Posted by Larry Tate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am starting to think the Loch Ness lake scene was filmed at the LA reservoir not in Loch Ness proper.
All actual European locale footage was stock footage, most originally filmed for MGM's James A. FitzPatrick 1930s - 1950s travelogues. BEWITCHED did no actual filming in Europe for those S8 episodes.
The "Loch Ness" scenes with Liz, Dick and Bernie Kopell were done on a backlot in the Valley. It was not the smaller pond on the Columbia Ranch (today, the Warner Bros. Ranch) in Burbank, but a nearby facility.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
That is so ridiculous about the fan favourites DVD just the first 9 episodes from season 2. I agree with everyone on here. When you hear "Fan Favourites" you think of maybe 1 episode from each of the 8 seasons. That DVD most likely will not sell very well! You know I think if Sony did anything they could have made a DVD package up with the 14 episodes that Dick York was absent. I mean I wouldn't necessarily call them fan favourites, but it would be a unique DVD package. Another idea would to make a DVD collection of all the Holiday episodes one for the Christmas, Halloween, and other holidays. I have the VHS tapes of the Halloween and Christmas ones. I won't purchase the Fan Favourites.

Speaking of fan faves what episodes do you guys like the best?

Some of mine are "Mona Sammy", "Darrin Goes Ape", "Serena's Youth Pill", "Sam's Old Man", "Serena Stops The Show", and "Sam on Thin Ice". Those are just a few, but I wish Sony would have done a survey so we could pick our favourite episodes then releasing that package!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
True, true. Do they really think this will sell? The die hard fans will have already bought every season. They would have done better to do a sampler of one from each season hoping to woo people on the fence about buying the season sets. Oh well...

Mike, I too hope they fix the Ben Franklin eps, but I fear Larry Tate is right: we'll probably get the same discs in the box set. That is Sony's pattern, and I can't see them varying from it just for BW.

As far as some of my favorite eps, it's hard to narrow to one disc worth, but my MOST favorite eps are:

A is for Aardvaark
Abner Kadabra
A Very Special Delivery
The Joker is a Card
The Moment of Truth
Charlie Harper, Winner
The Crone of Cawdor
I Remember You Sometimes
If They Never Met
Playmates
My What Big Ears You Have
Samantha Goes South for a Spell
Mirror Mirror on the Wall
One Touch of Midas
What Makes Darrin Run
Just A Kid Again
A Chance on Love
Mona Sammy
Samantha's Old Man
This Little Piggie
Mixed Doubles
Three Men and A Witch on a Horse
Serena's Youth Pill

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Maybe someone can answer this question. Who was the announcer that announced Elizabeth Montgomery in seasons 6-8? And isn't it true that during the original run it just started with season 8? Does anyone know why they started doing it for 6 and 7? Was it because Dick Sargent so people wouldn't get confused? Just curious... I really love the last 3 seasons and like to know all the trivia possible about them. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks