What's new

Bewitched Season 7 (1 Viewer)

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

Oh, that's wonderful! They used the instrumental version for that episode?... How nice! It was not used anymore in syndication broadcast. I have that instrumental theme on my home made video tapes. I always use it when creating my Bewitched videos on You Tube. ;)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
That instrumental isn't the original but a patched up version that Sony seemed to make. It's rather weird, but interesting.

I'm almost done with disc 2. I LOVE S.7!! I did notice that "The Corsican Cousins" print wasn't as crisp and clear as the rest but that's only a minor complaint.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

Hmmmm.... That's interesting...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Would someone offer us a downloadable mp3 to hear that here? Or wouldn't it be a cool You Tube clip to watch? ;)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike

Hi Ethan,

Sisters at Heart was written by kids. It was written by 10th grade students at Thomas Jefferson High School In Los Angeles. Liz mentions that at the beginning of the episode and many people believe this is her favourite episode. In fact, I think it's the best Christmas Episode Bewitched had during its 8 year run!! And if I am not mistaken, I wasn't born then, but I have friends who told me that they used this episode for the Christmas period of 1971, during the 8th season.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

No, the kids wrote the STORY, not the SCRIPT. The script was written mostly by Barbara Avedon, with some help from William Asher. They wrote the dialogue.

(And of course, even kids could write bad dialogue! )

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I just finished watching all four discs! It's awesome having these episodes in such great condition with the exception of "The Corsican Cousins" and "Mary the Good Fairy". Both of those episodes seemed like the focus was muted, but it wasn't really very bad at all.

I noticed that some guest stars were used repeatedly like Charles Lane and Ysabel Maccloskey (Aunt Hagatha).

My only complaint is the lack of the sponsor openings and closings and no commercials or extras. If you read my posting from the beginning of this thread, this season was RIPE for extras what with Salem and the "Sisters at Heart". True, we were very blessed to get EM's intro and closing, but I want more!!!

And also, some of the pics used on the inside DVD cases were HORRIBLE!! They were bad screen grabs and should've been still shots.

But all in all, I give the overall released 8/10.

Now bring on Season 8!! WOO-HOO!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
David,

Thanks for your posts here on BW. I had been on the fence about the last couple of seasons since I preferred the earlier ones and I'm a "York" fan more so than "Sargent". Reading the thread got me off that fence for S7 :laugh: Have to admit to looking forward to the "Salem" episodes. Haven't ordered the set yet; waiting to combine it with another order but it's in the cart.

I'm about halfway thru the S3 set at present. Sure is fun watching these on the Panny Plasma with my Upconvert player. I've never seen the "Stevens" home set like this! Color def is amazing.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

LOL I always think it's funny how you take your time to 'savor' the episodes whereas I try to watch them all as quick as possible! Season 3??!! LOL

I need to upgrade my TV...I'm still on a 27" Magnavox or something like that from the early 90s
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Speaking of noticing definition and such, I did notice that one of Samantha's dresses in the Bedwarmer episodes actually has moons and stars on it. I've never been able to make out what it was from just the on air showings. And there's another dress, I think it's "Paul Revere Rides Again" where there are tiger faces all throughout the dress.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I have to say that I don't agree with the reviewer (Pavan? can't remember) who said Elizabeth looked and acted bored this season. I loved her performances this season. I think she seemed very in the moment with all her costars in her scenes. (Although, I think in a few eps you do get a real sense of her disappointment in the scripts.)

I especially enjoyed her performance in "Mary, the Good Fairy." Also "Samantha and the Antique Doll." LOVE that tag scene! :laugh:

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Thanks for your post. "savoring" the eps.... :laugh: Well, that has to do more with the fact that I'm watching sports nightly (NHL season now) on DirecTV and no DVD's but that has an advantage since I won't run out of DVD's to watch until 2012 or so :D Also from reading the Bd, I'm in the minority on my TV/DVD watching routine. I don't recall ever "marathoning" a TV/DVD set. The most I've done is watch 3 eps on the same evening on a 1-hr show set, and that's rare. I usually watch a 1-hr show at mealtime followed by a sitcom "chaser". Works good for me.

Along with Bewitched, that "Donna Reed" show is making it hard for me...remember that potato chip commercial? "Betcha can't watch just one"
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Regarding upgrading your TV, you might want to check out your local Circuit City if there's one located near you. The liquidation sale has some great bargains. I'm sad to see them go under in this economy as I purchased most of my big-tkt items there. I liked the Cust Svc and salespeople's knowledge a little better than BB but that was only in the store nearest to me. I'd guess that some others here prefer BB for the larger-tkt items.

If you or some others here make the "flat-panel HD TV" decision, you'll be blown away by what you'll see with TV/DVD viewing, including the older shows. My #1 word of advice to all is "Don't buy too small" regarding screen size since I'd guess that a lot of us here are 4:3 DVD viewers. Buying too small is the one, if not #1, reason for consumers returning their WS sets for another model. I decided on the 50" Plasma set with my viewing distance at 9-10 ft. My "thumb-rule" is to get a min 46" size WS set as that will give you the same picture height as a 36" 4:3 CRT TV. I have the 46" Plasma set in the bedroom with a closer viewing distance.

Bewitched happens to be one of the :cool: 'est of my older TV/DVD shows to watch on my Plasma set. Every episode is amazing me to see the details in that "Stevens" home set that I never saw in all the years of airings on that CRT TV.

Still waiting to get to that 1st "Dr Bombay" episode. Classic addition to the series :emoji_thumbsup: "Calling Dr Bombay, calling Dr Bombay....emergency, emergency...come right away"
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Martin, I seem to remember the same thing in S8 but I guess that's going to happen to some degree in a sitcom like BW that had a long run.

btw, I like your "Sig" :emoji_thumbsup:

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I think Season 7 was done great, however, I did notice in the first part of Mary the Good Fairy some of the picture was a bit fuzzy. Other than that I think they all were great. I am very happy with this season. I think this is the best season out of the DS years. One thing I noticed, and I wonder if you guys notice this too, is that I believe Liz loved playing Serena. It seems since Season 5 Serena has been in more episodes and I think Liz got tired of playing the good nature of Samantha and this was quite fun to play someone totally opposite. I am going to miss not seeing the Kravitz's next season along with Uncle Arthur and the elder Stephens. But, I do like a lot of the episodes in Season 8 especially the Europe trips. Let's hope Sony includes Adam on the DVD's in Season 8 or on the front cover. One episode I like from the last season is the one where they check to see if Adam is a warlock. One thing that does scare me is that Sony hasn't released any All in the Family for years so I hope they don't do that with the last season of Bewitched put us on hold!:frowning:

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

For Christmas, I got a 32" LCD to replace my still working for malfunctioning 27" CRT. Of course, I would love bigger but the size increase for 16:9 material was awesome. For 4:3 material, I have the equivalent of a 25" screen. So, while I gained a heck of a lot for 16:9, it came at a minor sacrifice of 2" for 4:3. I haven't figured on the equivalent size I have in 16:9 were it on a 4:3 set.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

Mike, I agree about missing the elder Stephenses. But I thought it was great that their last episode returned the original Frank to the series, and the very last shot of them we ever see is them embracing. Very sweet.

Not missing the Kravitzes so much, as I just don't like Sandra Gould's performances as Gladys. Never warmed up to her in that role.

Jeff, don't be disappointed that they don't use the "Calling Dr. Dombay..." in his first few appearances. And I agree, isn't it amazing to see the house on a large hi-def screen? And my blu-ray player does a BRILLIANT upscaling job. I thought my standard def Toshiba upscaling player gave me near hi-def results, but I was wrong. The blu-ray upscaling is superb not just in detail but in color reproduction as well.

And I also agree that many of the screen grabs in the packaging are pretty bad. How hard is it to get good pics? (And from the proper season! The pic of Endora on the front cover is from the 3rd season ep, "It's Wishcraft.")

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Michael,

I know what you're saying on the pricing. When I got the 50" Plasma lat Aug, that was my 1st WS HD TV buy. Flat-pnl set prices were beginning to drop last summer and since then the economy has made them fall further. If anyone can fit it into their budget, it would be a great time to enter the WS TV market. What I've found is that my Plasma set gives me the best of both worlds since my movie DVD's (the anamorphic ones) have allowed me to view movies that I know very well but have never seen them presented as close to what they were made to look like, a true home theater experience. As mentioned earlier, what that Plasma does for TV/DVD's....awesome.

All this thinking about BW....it's time to pull S3 off the shelf and watch an episode

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hey guys does BW come out on Blue Ray Discs? And another question I know this may sound silly, but can you play regular DVD's in a blu ray player? I am doing an upgrade with TV and bluray disc player. I bet the Stephenses house looks amazing with the high tech imaging...
If anyone can post a pic of that feel free ... All the new technology is just amazing.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

Mike, there has been no info about BW coming to Blu-ray. Aside from the original Star Trek it seems only new series are finding their way to Blu-ray.

And yes, you can play standard DVDs in a Blu-ray player. And they upscale the DVDs beautifully to near hi-def quality (well at least my Sony BR player does.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks