What's new

Bewitched Season 7 (1 Viewer)

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

Thanks for your support, David! ;) I know you all understand the issue. I feel you are sensible enough to understand that French Canadians are left out with holes in the series. We had French tracks only on seasons 1 and 6. :frowning: All the other seasons got no French.

Sony doesn't seem to be understanding. It's a good thing we have multiregion DVD players even though it's not allowed. That's the only way to fight against stupid decisions from the Majors studios. Boooooh Sony!
You did it again! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Concerning the lack of the sponsor opening on "sisters at heart"--that is very strange considering Pavan of Sitcoms Online stated it was there!

Here's from his review:
The Christmas episode “Sisters at Heart” has the original opening and closing messages from Elizabeth Montgomery telling you about this very special episode. The introduction is sponsored by Oscar Mayer, and that is intact! It is so cool to see this. The opening message is before the start of the episode and runs about 30 seconds. The closing message is right before the closing credits and runs about 15 seconds. That is not all! We also get a “Bewitched...Back in a Moment” bumper before the tag scene! I am so glad Sony left that in there. That is the only episode that has it, though. Also, the closing credits for that episode, has the instrumental “Jingle Bells” playing! Awesome! At the end of "Mary, the Good Fairy," there is a voice-over from Elizabeth Montgomery saying the conclusion will air next week!

So is there something we are not getting here or did I mis-understand Pavan's review?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

I think you may have misunderstood. He states it's the "introduction" that is sponsored by Oscar Mayer, not the "opening."

However, he did make errors in his review: he said that EM does the voice-over at the end of "Mary, The Good Fairy" and she does not.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I started watching season 7 last night and I'm almost upto the Sisters at Heart episode. I think I only have one or two episodes to go before I see that episode.

Anyway, I'm really loving seeing these episodes again. This was the season that I first saw Bewitched in its original run. I was 4 going on 5 and I remember simply loving this show. Dick Sargent was the only Darrin that I was aware of back then and he's still my favorite Darrin. I don't think I've seen an episode from his time on the show since sometime in the early 90s.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hey guys I have a question. Was it Sony's mistake for the Screen Gem endings in the 7th season? I remember all my older VHS tapes having the Screen Gem endings. I think they did an amazing job with this season. I hope for the box set they fix the colours for a couple episodes of Season 5 and fix the episode with Ben Franklin in Season 3. But, WOW is all I can say about Season 7. Great colour, sound and I hate that about the French. You would think Region one would include French since French is widely spoken in Region 1. If anyone knows why they included Screen Gems I would love to know... Thanks

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Hi Mike. I'm not sure if the Screen Gems logo thing was a mistake or not. I remember that one season of I Dream of Jeannie had them as well. I'm just glad they're there this time. (Although I would have preferred the longer, uncut logos from the prior color seasons, or even the different b&w logo from the first 2 seasons.)

It is nice to see shows like The Twilight Zone that have all their original bumpers and logos at the end, but I doubt we'll see that for Bewitched in the box set. And I'd be REALLY surprised if they fix the transfers from Season 5 or the problems in the 2 Ben Franklin episodes.

We can hope, but chances are less than slim.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hey John do you think when they release the boxset of BW that seasons 1 and 2 will be in B&W? I hope so because I just have the colour ones now... If not I will buy the black and white too... As an avid collector I have to have them all
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
... I am anxious to see what design they do for the entire box set...like the jeannie bottle for IDOJ, but I guess we have awhile to go since we have BW season 8 and 0 left ... wow I am just so pleased with Season 7...This weekend I am watching the entire 28 episodes... Thanks for the answer John

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

I've been wondering what the packaging will be like too. I don't like gimmicky packaging like the Jeannie bottle, so I hope it's more tasteful, but we'll see.

As far as the first 2 seasons go, if the IDOJ set and the Japanese Bewitched set are any clue, it will only contain the colorized eps. The Japaense BW set also had Tabitha and the "Bewitched" movie with Nicole Kidman included. I couldn't care less if our set didn't include either of those.

I'm pretty certain I'll be passing on the boxset. It will probably have just the few extras that Erin did for the Japanese set, and everything else will be identical to what we already have. If Sony did the kind of classy complete series sets like Warner Bros. does, I'd be all over it.

But the important thing is we have the episodes themselves out, uncut and looking and sounding great (with a very few exceptions.) And at very reasonable prices, I think. So Sony did do the most important thing right. (Except for NOT having French tracks, which they should.) Everything else is just gravy anyway.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
One more disc to go and I'll be finished with season 7. I love the way the Sisters at Heart episode was presented on this set. Those openings and closings were really great. With the bumper it was almost like being back in time and seeing the episode as it originally aired. Very cool.

So, I have a question. What was wrong with the Ben Franklin episodes? I seemed to have missed that conversation.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

Part One had a weird edit on a special effect, cutting out one or two frames. No biggie, but strange anyway. The last shot is cut off abruptly, removing the "Part 2, Next Week" sign, and the laugh track was left off the episode.

Part Two had the biggest mistake: it's missing the entire teaser scene, with Elizabeth Montgomery's narration. :angry:

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Yep, John, I remember you guys mentioning that Ben Franklin issue. What we needed was for the real Ben to oversee the BW DVD production crew
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
A teaser a day keeps the Dr away.....

Still, like you guys have said, isn't it great to get BW out on DVD? And only 1 more season to go. Hard to beat that.

The ideal situation, imo, would be to have an "advocate" (as Gary's mentioned on this Bd) employed at the studio and on the TV/DVD staff. These types of mfg errors would get caught at the time of the transfer processes. We've heard several times that we have benefited from several TV/DVD releases due in part to 1 individual in the right place at the right time.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian

Thanks for the answer. I guess I just didn't notice this when I saw it. Probalby due to the fact that I hadn't seen the episode in years so therefore didn't recall any of the specific details of the episode.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

It was only 1 episode of Jeannie that had it, in the first season.

1970 was the year they shortened the logo (which was introduced in 1965) to begin with.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I think they did an amazing job with 7...my only complaint is the colour...wish it was yellow or orange, but oh well and the other thing I think they should have had a pic of Adam on one of the discs or in the cases beneath the discs... for season 8 they should... that's when he started having more episodes... maybe season 9 will have some too... let's just hope

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Oops, yes just 8...lol I don't know why I was thinking 9, I guess I was thinking about All in the Family. I just wish Sony would pick up the pace on these. Last release was in 2007. I think BW's last season will be out by Christmas. (Keeps fingers Crossed)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
What are some of your favourite episodes from Season 7? Besides the Salem Episodes I love these: Sams Old Man...great makeup, Sisters at Heart, Mother In Law of the Year, and Darrin Goes Ape... Gladys gets me just laughing especially when she says "get me the corpse, I mean cops" LOL

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hey guys I just noticed something on BW season 7...the 4th episode of disc 1 Sams bedwarmer... if you watch the opening credits... the announcer doesn't say "ELIZABETH MONTGOMERY IN BEWITCHED".... is this a fluke on my disc or is that on yours too?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

I love Samantha's Old Man, This Little Piggie, Mixed Doubles and Out of the Mouths of Babes.

There are 2 episodes I rank as probably the worst eps of the entire series: Darrin Goes Ape and Money Happy Returns. Just dreadful. I'm glad other people enjoy them, but I can't sit through them.

I really like Sisters At Heart, but there's something about it that's kind of "precious" that grates on me. I find that alot with Tabitha eps in the last 2 seasons. It's basically the dialogue they write for kids. Sets my teeth on edge. :laugh:

Random observation: I LOVE Jane Connell's performance as Hepzibah. She is just awesome. It's definitely my favorite of all her BW appearances, but I also love her in the movie "Mame."

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
yeah John I love Jane Connell, I believe she is still alive too...she was born in the 1920s...and at the time she shot those episodes she was in her 40s...I loved when she played Queen Victoria and Mother Goose...John did you notice in the 4th episode disc 1 they didn't introduce Liz? I wonder if it's a glitch on my disc or everyone's is like that... now I am curious...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks