What's new

Bewitched Season 6?? (2 Viewers)

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Allow me to show you my own french version of the opening cartoon from season 6 I made last year. I created it using Adobe Premiere. I removed all the original text and superimposed the french text instead "Ma Sorcière Bien -Aimée". This is homemade.

When I was young and when the show aired in french speaking Canada, we used to have a terrible patchwork mix of the opening cartoon made with the first opening with York and the second with Sargent. The first music was also used for the Sargent opening credits, which made no sense at all.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Martin, that was beautifully done! Thanks for sharing it. I am SO excited about S6 that I'm gonna bust (and it's not even my favorite season!)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I am so psyched about Season 6... I love it although, I love Seasons 7 and 8 the best!! Season 6 has some really good episodes like "Serena Stops the Show" which has boyce and hart in it and "To Trick or Treat or Not to Trick or Treat"...and the Christmas Episode is so colourful... LOL Gladys doesn't know if she is coming or going... I hope they have some extra's on this one... I just hope they do Season 7 in yellow or orange and Season 8 in brown or grey

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
TVShowsonDVD.com posted Sony's official announcement of Season 6 along with cover art this morning:

Bewitched DVD news: Announcement for Bewitched - The Complete 6th Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com

I like the choice of color and pictures better on this release but it's sad that they aren't including the "Elizabeth Montgomery in" at the top.

Also, the release as some mis-information at the end about BW running 256 episodes and only through 71. There are 254 episodes total and it finished filming in 1971 but aired through 1972.

And it seems they decided to regale us with the "Mini-sodes" that were posted on the internet as extras. I think that is ridiculous! There should be a featurette about the changing of the actors, but what can we expect from Sony.

Anyway, I'm REALLY excited!!!!

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Why on earth are they depicting Dick Sargent in such a bad manner? Since it's his first season on the show, they could've at least given him a more respectful picture, like the UK cover!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I REALLY am disappointed in the cover. I hate the pics of EM and DS. Why they didn't use the same as the R2 edition is beyond me. And I really liked the "EM in..." on the R2 as well. Oh well. It's the episodes that count.

And now it's official...
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
As much as I don't care for DS's Durwood and I think it's funny that they used that picture, as I was thinking about it I feel that it is disrespectful to him to use that picture. There are many other better pictures of him so hopefully, as the announcement on TVShowsonDVD said, this is not necessarily the final cover art.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'm glad they've gone this route, especially that the box isn't so pink. That picture of DS is too goofy though, but I suppose better than the donkey ears...and AWESOME that it's May 6 rather than May 20!!!! Which means 70 days and counting:)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
HOORAY!! I'm so glad they changed the artwork! The donkey-ears pic would be fine for the BACK of the set, but not as the only DS pic on the front. And I MUCH prefer that pic of Em. Now I am SO jazzed...
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! The cover is way better. This is the first thing Sony has done right on Bewitched in quite a while. Too bad that just like with season 5, they didn't do new transfers and there are no decent bonus features. Oh well. They'll get us again with HD.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

Not to mentioned that SONY seems now to be fair to their french canadians consumers like me who have been buying the french europeen box set since the very first season through the fifth one. This is the first Region 1 box set available with french dub version. Hooray Sony! Hope this is not a mistake of specs on the TV Shows On DVD web site. :emoji_thumbsup:
I keep my fingers crossed untill online retailers give the same informations. :rolleyes

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike

David are you saying that the episodes have been cut? And that each episode won't be the original?

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
In the UK Season 5 had this colour so My guess is Season 7 will have the colour season 6 does in the USA... Hmmmm

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
David I went to the link and they changed the picture of Bewitched again...it doesn't look pink...it looks more mooron and its not the one u posted in orange...and its very similar the the UK release...

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hi Everyone here is what I read:

It's been a long wait (last July!) since the fifth season release, and fans are anxious! Well, the patience has paid off: this morning Sony Pictures Home Entertainment officially announces Bewitched - The Complete 6th Season on DVD! The 4-disc set contains all 30 episodes from Dick Sargent's first year as "Darrin," and includes the episode where Adam Stephens is born! It streets on May 6th (note: we previously said the 20th; we regret the error).

You'll also see a ton of guest stars as always, including Johnny Whitaker, Deacon Jones, Jay Robinson, William Schallert, Pat Priest, Paul Sorensen, Danny Bonaduce, Bernie Kopell, Carol Wayne, Charles Lane, and Jack Cassidy (father of David and Shaun) plus recurring guests such as Agnes Moorehead (Endora), Alice Ghostley (Esmerelda), Bernard Fox (Dr. Bombay), Maurice Evans (Maurice), Paul Lynde (Uncle Arthur), Sandra Gould (Gladys Kravitz) and George Tobias (Abner Kravitz).

The release will cost $39.95 SRP for 760 minutes covering all 30 episodes. As we said, those episodes are in color, and with full screen video, while audio is in English Mono, French Mono, Spanish Mono, and Portuguese Mono. Subtitles are English, Portuguese and Spanish. The only extras will be a couple of "minisodes" (3-6 minute super-short versions of regular Sony-owned television episodes from classic primetime shows).

We've got the studio description for you, plus an early look at the box art (not necessarily the final front cover, so this could be subject to change) UPDATE: Sony has now kindly provided us with the final box art for this release:

The magic on Morning Glory Circle continues as Samantha (Elizabeth Montgomery), Darrin (Dick Sargent), and Endora (Agnes Moorehead) return in Bewitched - The Complete Sixth Season. Notable for being Dick Sargent's first season as Darrin. Samantha, a powerful member of the society of witches that has lived apart from (and disdained) humanity for many centuries, falls in love with a mortal, Darrin Stephens. Much to the disgust of most of her family, she vows to give up witchcraft and become an ordinary suburban housewife, raising a family (bearing Tabitha and Adam). Never able to give up her heritage completely, the friction between the matriarchal, moneyless society of her birth and the patriarchal, capitalist society of modern advertising drives the comedy over eight seasons and 256 episodes, from 1964 to 1971.

Tabitha runs away to be in "Jack and the Beanstalk." Darrin is frozen in a mirror when Maurice finds out the baby isn't named for him. Endora turns Darrin into a witch. Serena returns to complicate things, and Samantha has to get rid of Santa when he overstays his welcome.

Not sure if they are changing this or if this is the final!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Martin, thanks for posting that! At first I was repulsed, but I've decided I like the green. Just not sure about the green and orange together! :laugh: I'm glad that's not the R1 release!

Mike P, the minisodes are edited previews of other Sony series that they put on some dvds. They aren't Bewitched episodes. These episodes will be complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks