What's new

Bewitched Season 6?? (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I was perusing Mischa's message board and someone asked him (or everyone) if there was any idea about BW S.6 release date and here is Mischa's response:

I do have news about Bewitched Season 6 however. If all goes well it will be released May 18. A whole new look for the cover is being created from what I understand, closer to what we all would like it to be. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope Sony won't delay with this again either.

The only problem with this date is that May 18 is a Sunday, though it would've been cool had it been Tuesday as it's the 13th anniversary of EM's passing. May 13 is a Tuesday so maybe Mischa saw the date written down and mistook it for an 18.

Actually, there is another problem with the May date: IT'S TOO FAR AWAY!!! It's been FOREVER since Season 5 was released....

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

I agree!!! Season five was released in July of last year. And it's now almost February and still no season six. It seems like the duration between season releases gets longer and longer every time a season is released. So I guess we can expect season 7 to be released in 2009 and the final season in 2010.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I think we will be hearing about BW Season 6 very soon...The UK will release it March 24, 2008 so we may get it here in the USA in April or May... I hope we will get the entire series by the end of the decade, but with Sony who knows... Let's just keep our fingers crossed!!

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I just got my Barney Miller season 2 set today and inside is one of the usual Sony TV on DVD catalogs and it says that season 6 of Bewitched is coming soon. I don't know how accurate these flyers are, but Bewitched isn't the only thing mentioned as continuing.

I Dream of Jeannie, Just Shoot Me and Party of Five are also mentioned as further seasons coming soon. Take all of this with a grain of salt.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
DISCLAIMER: This is for REGION 2, not Region 1....

The cover art is the same for both regions and Play.com which sells DVD to the UK has this posted on their site:

I think the picture of Liz is BEAUTIFUL but I think in the original she was leaning against DS cause her left side looks a bit funny...I don't like the choice of pic for DS but do have to give Sony kudos for realizing that Durwood is not DY anymore...and quite frankly I don't like the pink...I think as DS was the 70s Durwood they should've went with yellow, orange, or brown.

The inclusion of "Elizabeth Montgomery in" at the top is nice because that harkens back to the revised opening credits for this season.

Now if Sony USA could just announce when we are getting our release!!!

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Thanks David for sharing that... I like the pic too... I think the introduction to Elizabeth Montgomerth in BW goes great with the 6th Season and we now know we are in the Dick Sargent years... I agree, I figured the colour would be yellow or orange, but in the UK they did yellowish last time i think...I think we will get it in April it will be 9 months since season 5 in April... I wish Sony USA would hurry... I can't wait now

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Well February is almost half over and according to Bewitched and Elizabeth Montgomery Web Site Region1 Sony is releasing Bewitched Season 6 in May... we'll see, if not I am ordering it from the UK... I am getting tired of Sony USA getting slower and slower and I ordered my Multi Regional Free DVD Player so I am excited about that... "Serena Stops The Show", "Samantha's Secret is Discovered" (a rare segment seen today with the drug storyline), and "Tabitha's Very own Samantha" are just a few of my favourites!! I am getting so hyped!! What about you guys... Not too many saying anything over the cover... It's different, but you do have to admit they did do something unique this time... "Elizabeth Montgomery" in "Bewitched"!! Never thought they would do this... :) So Sony Region 1 what are you waiting for!! Many of us want the last 3 remaining season out by decades end!! Please!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

DECADES end?? I want them by YEARS end! LOL!

Hopefully the pace will pick up since there are only 2 seasons left after this one.

I like the cover a lot. Pics from the proper season, and I love the "EM in..." touch. Very nice.

I'm excitedly tapping my fingers in anticipation...

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Me, too...while I'm glad that we're getting ``Bewitched'' at all, I'm getting impatient with Sony's dragging-their-feet pace...seems almost as bad as Uni's pace with ``Emergency!''... :frowning:

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this board but I've been here reading for a long time. I decided to join you all. I'm a french speaking, so please excuse my clumsy english. ;)

I am also very impatient to get the season 6 from Bewitched. I always preferred the "Dick Sargent years". As a child, when I was watching the show in the seventies and I could appreciate the modern style of the show when Sargent arrived. Things changed a lot. The costumes for one thing... especially Elizabeth Montgomery with elephant legs jeans - hippie style - with velvet choker! She was so sexy! :emoji_thumbsup: The music was more groovy, music themes revamped... etc.

If Sony doesn’t make any announcement some time before march, I certainly be ordering the french region 2 edition because I like to have the choice of languages : original english and dubbed french, which surprisingly region 1 doesn’t offer. Anyway, I’ll be getting it earlyer that way, instead of waiting for the region 1 May release. :)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Thanks for the info, Ollie! That website is pretty reliable...now we just need Sony to confirm!

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

It shouldn't be that long to see Sony confirm this especially with other sites already listing the DVD set as a May release.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I hope you're right, and if not Sony, then at least TVShowsOnDVD, which would be followed in fairly short order by the Sony release, I would imagine.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Does anyone know who the announcer was that announced Elizabeth Montgomery in "Bewitched" beginning with Season 6? Just curious as i would love to know this persons name! Thanks

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Some people say that it was Dick Tufeld, famous for the Robot's voice in Lost In Space and also the official narrator of that show. Personaly, I believe Dick Tufeld was the narrator of the special versions of the Bewitched opening only when he had to introduce the show with a sponsor like the Oscar Mayer products.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Well about 2 months and we have bewitched in the USA Season 6 or we can order it from the UK in a month!! Here's Youtube's preview of Season 6!!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Jdcrackers, thanks for posting that video...the quality of the pics makes me even MORE excited for the DVD release as the picture quality will be infinitely superior!

Here is a spoof I did of the Bewitched movie poster teaser which I think would've been MARVELOUS had Screen Gems done something like this back in 1969. It would've shown simply by the listing of DS's name that someone new was going to play Durwood but without showing his face we'd have to wait to see it when the season premiered. I created this back in 2005 but updated the date to reflect the upcoming DVD release date. Doesn't EM have THE sexiest legs??!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks