What's new

Bewitched Season 6?? (1 Viewer)

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd

Could you please post where you got this information from? I checked Amazon.uk and they have no listing for this yet. Thanks.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Subject; Dick York on Bewitched

Actually, everyone has it wong. Dick York wasn't fired. Because of intense back problems he was suffering from during the six years he was on Bewitched as Darrin Stevens, he became really dependant on pain pills to relieve his back problems. At this time, he elected to leave the show because of his back problems ... he was not fired.

Sargent's version of Darrin was a more acidic, smarmy character, in contrast to York's nervous, frantic portrayal. The drop in ratings was ironic in light of the fact that Sargent had been the original choice to play Darrin, but had been under contract elsewhere in 1964.

Just a simple search on Wikipedia would give you this information BUT I had known about this information long before Wikipedia was around.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

There are various versions of the story of Dick York leaving Bewitched. What they have in common is that he had intense back pain from an injury that happened during the filming of the movie " They Came to Cordura " in 1959 and that he was addicted to pain medication. He had a fit on the set of Bewitched, was taken to the hospital and never returned to the show.
What differs is did he ask to leave or was he fired. William Asher
the producer and Ms. Montgomery's husband at the time has stated that he visited Dick York in the hospital and asked Dick if he wanted to continue and Dick said no. Dick York has been quoted as saying he could have continued if he had the summer off to get over his problems.
Perhaps they are both true. Bewitched started filming season 6 shortly after season 5 finished filming due to Liz Montgomery's pregnancy. Perhaps Dick York felt he could not continue without a longer break and asked out. Perhaps the show felt that they didn't want any more Darrinless shows and couldn't wait for Dick York to recover.
It was 40 years ago and most of the people involved are dead. It is fun to speculate but unless somebody was there it is just gossip,

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I don't know how much they are, sorry.

EM actually wore her own clothes on the show and was quoted one time early in the series as saying how she didn't like how high the skirts were getting in fashion...yet towards the end of the series she was sporting skirts that were WAY high!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I'm not intending this to be mean, but I wouldn't trust info from Wikipedia as far as I could throw it...there are many times when the Wikipedia is dead wrong.

Caitlin-A

Auditioning
Real Name
Caitlin-A
There is a page on the US amazon site though.
amazon.com/Bewitched-Complete-Sixth-Season/dp/B000TD2JES/

There's also one for season eight.
amazon.com/Bewitched-The-Complete-Eighth-Season/dp/B000TD49X2/

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike

Hi there, those are just signups from Amazon to let you know when they are actually going to be released... hopefully we will hear something about Season 6 after the first of the year...

I also wanted to let everyone know that Liz is receiving her :star: on 4 January 2008... That's great news!!

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
[/quote]I also wanted to let everyone know that Liz is receiving her :star: on 4 January 2008... That's great news!![/quote]

It's about time! She deserves it, even posthumously! :)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Yes, once I took a look at the links referenced, I realized also that they were signups to indicate interest. Problem with those is that Amazon is never timely in terms of telling you via e-mail when an individual release is coming out. We almost always find out faster via this forum and others as well as TVShowsOnDVD. Thanks to all for that! :)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hi Dan, I agree, Liz should have received her star a long time ago...what gets me is these people that are new to the business that have gotten their stars long ago and Liz contributed a lot to this industry in her 40 plus years as an actress... I think she was truly amazing... :)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Does anyone know if BW Season 6 will have any extra features?:) I can't wait for it.. It's one of my favourite Seasons...I just love Mona Sammi... the two painitings of Louise are hysterical .. lol ;)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hi Jeff, I sure hope so...I am getting excited to see the design... I hope they go with a different colour this time and I hope they include some extras.. this will be the last set to include 30 or more episodes :frowning:

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Congratulations Elizabeth Montgomery!!

Elizabeth Montgomery Receives Star on Walk of Fame
January 4, 2008, 9:31 AM PST

Elizabeth Montgomery Receives Star on Walk of Fame Elizabeth Montgomery will posthumously receive the 2,353rd star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today, nearly 13 years after the "Bewitched" star's death.

Montgomery's widower, actor Robert Foxworth, and fellow actress Elizabeth Sheridan, a longtime friend and racetrack companion, are scheduled to speak at the late-morning ceremony on Hollywood Boulevard. Montgomery's children, Rebecca Asher and Bill Asher, will accept the star on her behalf.

Montgomery received Emmy nominations for five consecutive years from 1966-70 for her portrayal of Samantha Stephens, a good-natured, nose-twitching witch married to a mortal advertising executive.

After "Bewitched" was canceled by ABC in 1972 following eight seasons, Montgomery starred in 21 made-for-television movies and the miniseries "The Awakening Land" from 1972-1995, receiving three more Emmy nominations.

Born April 15, 1933, in Los Angeles, Montgomery was the daughter of movie and television actor Robert Montgomery and stage actress Elizabeth Allen.

Montgomery made her television debut in 1951 on the NBC dramatic anthology her father hosted and produced, "Robert Montgomery Presents." She made 21 additional appearances on the series, and also appeared on such anthology series as "Playhouse 90", "Studio One" and "Kraft Television Theatre".

Her other memorable pre-"Bewitched" television roles included a portrayal of a prostitute on a 1960 episode of "The Untouchables," for which she received her first Emmy nomination, and as a soldier opposite Charles Bronson in the 1961 "Twilight Zone" episode "Two".

Montgomery's movie credits included "The Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell", "Johnny Cool" and "Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed?"

Montgomery died May 18, 1995, from colorectal cancer at the age of 62.

Copyright © 2008, KTLA

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
There are also more photos and such at the following sites:

Mischa's Bewitched

and

Elizabeth Montgomery's Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame

This second link is particularly interesting to those of us waiting for Season 6 on DVD as the man responsible for designing the artwork for the set as well as the liner notes, Steven Colbert, is pictured and it says that he "ran a raw copy of #192: SERENA STOPS THE SHOW" which will be on the upcoming DVD".

Steven Colbert is a HUGE BW fan so we can rest assure that the artwork won't include faux pas like having DY instead of DS pictured and that the liner notes will be correct.

I wish Sony would announce it all ready!!! I can't handle waiting anymore!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks