What's new

Bewitched Season 5? (1 Viewer)

fireflame

Agent
Real Name
Ross Gardiner
Yeah Johnmor.

It's interesting seeing how much time daddy does his thing took to revamp.
But the worst episode of the season is definately samanthas good news!
It's so boring.
What is everyone's favoutite darrin- less episode?
Mine is Samanthas power failure which is one of the funniest episodes even though it doesn't have too many jokes. Uncle Arthur trying to light a match had me in hysterics!

YELLOW11

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
John, has your contact at Sony told you anything about the 6th season yet, or maybe a Complete Series release?

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Agreed! I'd love to see ``Bewitched'' S6 in October like S4 last year!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Mark, no not yet. I've been so busy I haven't had a chance yet.

Ross, believe it or not, "Samantha's Good News" is my favorite Darrin-less episode.:laugh: I just love Maurice vs. John Van Millwood, and Abigail's reaction when JVM asks if she's a thespian. :laugh: Plus, I love the whole "open marriage" thing it entailed. Very progressive for its time. After that would be "Samantha Twitches for UNICEF." I also like "Marriage, Witches Style" and "Mrs. Stephens, Where Are You?" The one I hate the most is "Samantha's Shopping Spree." Just dreadful.

RE: "Samantha's Power Failure," you can see how much fun Liz and Paul had together playing Serena and Arthur. And it's fun to see William Asher paying homage to his first I Love Lucy episode, "Job Switching."

Michael, I agree, there are some great Sargent episodes. I loved his Darrin most when I was a kid. Now I much prefer York. But I love quite a few Sargent eps and I'm really looking forward to the remaining sets.

fireflame

Agent
Real Name
Ross Gardiner
You're welcome!

Does everyone know erin is batteling OVARIAN CANCER.
Hope she gets the all- clear after the biopsy!

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Was Kasey Rogers pregnant during the production of Season 5? I noticed she covered her tummy alot and they used the coats alot... I knew Liz was, but just curious if anyone knew if Kasey was?

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike

Hi Brandy, I was pleased with Season 5...At least we got a few specials w/ the chevy logo that was cool!! I'm thinking Season 6 may come out when Liz gets her star January 4, 2008 or right before then around the Christmas Season... let's just hope it's NOT another 9-10 months whew...if so, it will be the end of the decade before we get them all... :frowning:

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
Best hopes to Erin on recovering.

BTW, is it just my machine or have others here noticed translation text on a subtitle track for scenes with signs.

Example, in Samantha's Shopping Spree, the opening shot of the scene in the store has the store sign and what I believe is a Spanish translation of that store sign appears. It seems to be on a subtitle track and I can't seem to turn it off on my machine.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

Yes, I also experienced subtitles on signs.

In order to get rid of them, I pressed the subtitle button on my remote, and they went away.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Seriously, I'm not one to believe in curses. I'm really not!

HOWEVER --

We all know that two cast members of "Bewitched" died during the run of the series.

We all know that the four stars (one Samantha, one Endora and two Darrins) died at relatively young ages (Agnes Moorehead, not so much, but she died only two years after the series ended, so came close to joining Pearce and Lorne in dying during the series run.)

And we could add Paul Lynde to the list of "Bewitched" regulars who died relatively young.

Now you're telling me that Erin Murphy (age 43) has cancer?

Maybe I better rethink this curse thing.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

You know, I was watching a second season episode recently ( wish I could remember which one), and I could see what looked like a thick cloud of cigarette smoke floating through the air on the livingroom set, and I couldn't help but think that it was probably second hand smoke from all the crew members and technicians who were smoking in the background.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

My absolute FAVORITE is "Marriage, Witches Style"...it is simply the pinnacle of Serena's tenure on BW. She is so sexy and so funny and what it makes it even more brilliant is that it's actually EM playing her! She's so good at it that even though I know it's EM I have a hard time believing it.

"Samantha's Power Failure" is a close second because it's so hilarious! I remember when I first watched it years ago, my sides it hurt from laughing so hard..I really love all of Serena's side comments like "Is my lipstick on straight?" Of course, this is a direct remake of the candy factory episode of I Love Lucy but it's all right as that episode was the first directed by Bill Asher who directed this episode. Also of note is the fact that EM was pregnant during this episode. Ron Masak aka Buck did an interview somewhere awhile back where he said that he remembered that EM was really ill the days they were filming but when the cameras rolled she acted as though nothing were wrong. What a professional!

I also like "Samantha's Good News" for the reasons John stated and the fact that I recently realized: it is the only mortal-free episode of the entire series! Every character seen is a witch/warlock.

And I agree that the WORST non-DY episode is "Samantha's Shopping Spree". It's dumb that for whatever reason they couldn't get Paul Lynde to come in to play Uncle Arthur so we have to be "treated" to Cousin Henry.

Re: Season 6. I guarantee that we won't hear anything about it for at least four months...as much as I also want it, it's just too soon from the release of this season to even think they would say anything about it.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
In "Samantha's Power Failure" I just love when they start tossing the bananas into the freezer and Serena asks, "What about your nuts?" and Arthur says, "Well, nut 'em. Nut 'em!":laugh: And then when they're done he says, "Well, that was a good day's work..." His delivery of that line still cracks me up.

Joe, I am not a curse believer either, but that is the first thing that shot through my mind. Especially how many of them had some sort of cancer, whether or not it was their actual cause of death. Very sad.

Here's hoping Erin has a speedy and 100% recovery!

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe

Or it could have been the ghostly spirit cursing everyone.

Actually, I know what got Agnes Moorehead -- it was the movie "The Conqueror." A lot of the cast and crew died of cancer, supposedly (John Wayne, Susan Hayward, director Dick Powell). The reason given is because there had been nuclear bomb testing near the location where the movie was filmed.

fireflame

Agent
Real Name
Ross Gardiner
Another of my favourite moments is from Samantha the Bard when samantha goes into the kitchen , sees gladys and walks straight back out again.
Also, when abner try's to play the "rhyming parlor game"

I enjoyed this season so much when the credits came on on the last episode i started clapping my hands saying "what a great season".
After about 7 seconds i relised how cringeworthy i was being and stopped. ;)

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
hey guys I was hoping you can help me... I just received my Bewitched Season 5 set and on the first disc the Piano lesson episode my disc freezes up about half way through and I have to scroll to the next chapter and then it happens again on the next episode after that... Is this a manufacuture error or do I have a bad set. I haven't finished the season yet so I don't know how the rest will be. I actually went out and bought a new dvd player because I thought mine was going bad and it happened again on the piano epiode same spot and then on the next one.. Thanx for your help!!

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
hey guys I was hoping you can help me... I just received my Bewitched Season 5 set and on the first disc the Piano lesson episode my disc freezes up about half way through and I have to scroll to the next chapter and then it happens again on the next episode after that... Is this a manufacuture error or do I have a bad set. I haven't finished the season yet so I don't know how the rest will be. I actually went out and bought a new dvd player because I thought mine was going bad and it happened again on the piano epiode same spot and then on the next one.. Thanx for your help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks