What's new

Bewitched Season 5? (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
We'll see David. I felt guilty enough posting that one, for fear it would somehow get my contact into trouble if word got back to Sony that alternate artwork was being posted on the net. I really do not want to alienate this person (at least until BW is completely out on DVD! LOL!)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Well, that's all right..I wouldn't want that person to get in trouble either.

Now, why has Amazon taken down the preorder listing??

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

I *think* it's because they jumped the gun and didn't wait for Sony's official public announcement date. Amazon does that quite a bit, I understand, and sometimes a studio will actually get after them about it.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Yeah John--don't bother with colorized IDOJ; it's very amateurish-looking compared to current methods of colorization. The Bewitched people did a much better job with their little box of crayolas.

I don't know why the Bewitched cover art has been so dumb; I honestly liked the cartoony boxes for the Columbia House videos better than all these weird pics they come up with for the dvds. Geez--I just wish they'd have done a complete series set so we don't have to go through this every six months!

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Hmmmmm, I hope you're right. Well, according to my pending orders on Amazon, the set is still set for delivery on July 12 (so they may have taken down the pre-order listing, but if you've ordered it already...you see it in your own queue). So what if they jumped the gun, it's not like this was a huge mystery. All of us expected the set about the July timeframe.

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I have looked for this set on Amazon but I can't find it anywhere, or on any website either. I guess they took it off because there is no announcement yet but you would think that it being almost May that it would be available for pre-order or Sony would have made an announcement if it is going to be released in July. This set has allready been pushed back, I am hoping it doesn't get delayed longer, again..

YELLOW11

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
John, if you can't post alternate artwork for season 5 can you post some of the alternate artwork for the previous seasons and maybe season 6?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Mark, my contact never sent me the alternate artwork before season 5. We'll see if he sends me any for season 6.

(I bet after season 5 streets, it may be okay to post it...)

fireflame

Agent
Real Name
Ross Gardiner
it would be fun in the future if sony let us vote for our favourite artwork in the future and that would be the one that would hit the shelves.

Doubt it though!

PS: I watched some episodes from season 6 today and i think dick sargent wasn't as bad as i thought.

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
What time does Bewitched come on cable? I have not been able to catch it in a while or have not seen it on in forever, luckily I have my box sets to watch..

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
Last year, I actually had a local cable channel that was running Bewitched in the morning for a while. And it was virtually uncut. But that has stopped.

TVLand was the one that was running Bewitched but now they are too busy showing Weekend at Birneys or Basic Instinct to show Bewitched and a whole lot of other classic TV they ought to be showing.

fireflame

Agent
Real Name
Ross Gardiner
the new blue artwork is much better. Anyone know where to find it in higher resolution than at sony.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I like the orange one better.

The funny thing is, that new cover wasn't even one of the 16 potential ones my contact sent me. There were 2 blue ones, a purple and an aqua one, but none were what they settled on. Of course, it could still change, I guess.

I'm just glad it's coming out as this season has some of my favorite eps.

fireflame

Agent
Real Name
Ross Gardiner
It still does look better than the previous seasons. If only we could see it in a resolution higher than 100x100 :laugh:

16 artworks!
Were they mostly the same pictures?

smellycat11

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Williams
Tvshowsondvd.com has just posted larger art. I like it better than the first art because it has the same design as season 1-4. The pic of Agnes Moorehead looks retouched and one of her eyes has an odd appearance to it.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I liked the orange one better too as it was a different color and went along with the rainbow of colors each season set had. They also touched up the picture of Liz as her teeth were different in the original as evidenced by this photo posted by Wizzy on Harpies Bizarre.com:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Eeeewww. Ugly, ugly ugly... Thanks for the comparison, David!

At least, I'm sure the EPISODES will look spectacular. I can't wait to see the sets and costumes in "Samantha Goes South For a Spell." (Which includes the Arnsteins' apartment set from the movie "Funny Girl.")

Scott+W

Agent
Someone a few messages up referenced the colorization of "Bewitched."

I'm just curious how this is even done. Can anybody explain? I've always wondered about this.

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I like the orange picture of Samantha much better for the cover art and plus look at her eyes, allthough the blue pic seems to have a clearer resolution...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks