What's new

Bewitched Season-3 DVD Box EDITED? (1 Viewer)

Chas_Michael

Second Unit

It would be nice to have the cut listing here rather than reading through 5 pages of an older thread. anyway, thanks.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
That's the way these forums are set up and rules are rules. Your question could be best answered in the currently active Bewitched forum. Oh, and posting the same message in three or four different topics is against the rules. Don't spam the topics, asking in one topic is enough.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
To all: I realize that rules are rules, but rudeness is also against the rules.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
All I know is that I went through five pages (or chapters) of (arduous) message posts and I still don't know whether any of the third season (1966-67) episodes were edited or not.

Sometimes these more succinctly addressed questions can cut directly to the point!

Jeff T.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Sorry guys but the edits are clearly discussed by us repeatedly in the posts in that thread. I believe the discussion of edits hits it's stride on page 3.

The reason they want people to use already existing threads is because making new threads uses up bandwidth and costs the site owners money. So unless we're mailing them checks to help offset their costs, it's a relatively simple process to do what they ask and search and utilize existing threads.

And, Ethan, well said! Rudeness doesn't belong here. A simple reminder to people should suffice.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I feel that there's a lot of bullies in this forum; their point of view often runs along the lines of "you are stupid, I am not. Can't you follow simple instructions?" etc. A lot of guys do that in this forum. I'm pretty tired of it. One of the posters above is notorious for shoving the board's rules in others' faces, as harshly as any bible thumper. I notice he also displays his vast intellect whenever a thread seems to be posted in the wrong forum, as he (incorrectly) did in the "Michael Jackson's Thriller" thread today. Whatever. All I have to say is when one of those kinds of posts shows up in a thread I started...I let them have it!

Back to topic; the Bewitched edits are annoying, but very minor, really. Please don't let them keep you from buying the set. And just where is Season Four, I'd like to know??? ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If you think someone is being a bully, send a PM to a mod. I can guarantee you Parker and Ron do *not* want it to be said about the HTF that "there's a lot of bullies." Compared to most boards, I would say this place has a deserved reputation for hosting incredibly civil discussions. And, to join the net.cops here for a sec, this kind of discussion is pretty much frowned on by the owners anyway. They like this stuff to be conducted by PMs if it must, but they mainly want to know your concerns so they can address them.

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator

We finally finished up watching this 3rd season of Bewitched and there's only 2 episodes that I can see are edited.

The 2 "Ben Franklin" eps have the only noticeable cuts in them. Very disappointing.

"My Friend Ben"
1.)The laugh track was cut from the episode.(the laugh track exists on the Columbia House releases of this same episode and it was present when the episode aired on the Hack...errrr...Hallmark Channel and on TvLand.

2.) A special effect frame was cut from the dvd episode.

Instead of the original which was this:
....we got this:

The Columbia House tapes that feature this episode,show the complete ending of the ep as the music finishes up right before the end credits roll. It should look like this:

The recent dvd version looks like this, as the music wraps up the episode right before the end credits:

"Samantha For the Defense" opens with the recap from the previous episode on the Columbia House VHS version. On this dvd release,it is completely omitted for some reason.

As a major fan of this series who has waited for the past 35 years for a release of this show in it's entirety in one form or another, I don't consider these minor cuts.
In fact,it only makes it worse when I know that, judging from the Columbia House releases, entire prints of these episodes exist but were not used for these releases. BUT, as another poster in this thread mentioned,do not let these cuts keep you from purchasing the dvd and enjoying this magical television series that was brought to life by a group of extremely talented and creative artists.

Overall this is a great release due to the fact that the audio is better than I have ever heard it and the picture on most of the episodes is pristine and crystal sharp with exquisite,rich color. "Bewitched" has never looked or sounded better than what you'll find on this dvd set!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks