What's new

Bewitched Season 1 (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I found the Sony UK site for the First Season of BW today. It's much better than the US site. They also say BW s.2 is coming soon!

Also, my prayers and thoughts go to those in the UK who were affected by the terroristic attacks today...I hope all our UK friends that we know from this site are safe and well.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I watched the episode entitled "Pleasure O'Reilly" the other day and must say it's one of the funniest episodes of the first season. Samantha throwing zingers at an oblivious Pleasure is hilarious simply because Sam smiles the whole time.

And it seems like there are so many sexual innuendos in the episode too! "She was trying to find her bust..of her lips!"

I did notice a flub on the part of the colorization team...right after Samantha changes Darrin back from being an old lady, on the wall to the right of him it changes from being green like the hallway to gold like it should be...to me that says they recognized the mistake but didn't care to go back and fix it for the whole two seconds it was wrong.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Over at the Harpies Bizarre we've been finding color photos taken on the set of certain episodes during filming and comparing them with the colorized version of the b&w episode. It's amazing how far off the mark they were.

First is from episode 9: "Witch or Wife" (which is incorrectly numbered as 8 on the DVD set). This comes from the scene when Endora and Samantha meet the Tates in Paris.

Next is from #15: "A Vision of Sugar Plums". The photo must've been taken between shoots but this is what Wolfman matched it up with.

The last is from #26: "Driving is the Only Way to Fly" though the message with the comparison picture is gone. This is the still color photo taken at the time of filming:

In the colorized episode Samantha's suit is blue and Harold Harold's suit is a different color as well, though it's not as drastic a difference as Samantha's.

It's too bad they didn't do more research...I believe in the special feature on the Japanese sets that talks about they colorizing they told them to base the colors off season three...

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Now I'm glad I didn't go with the colorized version. It's dreadful that Sony would make Samantha's lipstick color so bright red ... they should be ashamed with themselves and that yellish outfit ... well here's proof that Sony execs don't have any style or fashion sense when it comes to colorizing a black and white classic.

Oh, I thought the original season 1 and so forth were filmed in black and white ... how did they get original color shots?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The ones on the right are the original promo shots. The colorization is on the left. So, the dress WAS yellow. As for why so much lipstick, it was probably so it would register as lipstick in black and white. And, I think the yellow dress looks pretty sharp.

Allen_Kir

Stunt Coordinator
I'm kinda confused was the dress yellow or pink because i'm not sure if I should get the color version.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The dress was really yellow, and they colorized it pink. Just like Billy Mumy's robe was really blue and red, and they made it green.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Greg is correct...the dress really was yellow and EM really did have on deep red lipstick. I wish it had been colorized that way.

You can't really tell in the Christmas picture but EM also had on blue eyeshadow and there were certain other episodes she had that too...but in all the colorized episodes she has on natural shades.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I'm going to be the heretic here (so don't burn me at the stake) but I prefer the pink. It's softer on Liz. Also, it does seem to match the S3 color palette more, although I guess that statement could also justify going in another direction, just for variety sake, as Liz liked to have a different look for each season.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I interrupt our Sixth and Seventh Season discussions to resurrect this thread in order to tell you about the fact that iTunes is offering Season 1!! I'm not sure how long they have been doing this but each episode is $1.99 or you can purchase the whole season for $21.99.

They are the colorized episodes but I thought it was still cool. Just wish they'd release the rest of the seasons and the black and white versions as well!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
During the BW Fan Fare last month, Mark Simpson aka The BW Collector presented several RARE Season One promos (amongst other rarities) and he has now posted them on YouTube!

These ALL should've been included on the S.1 DVD release!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Victor Mascaro, webmaster of Vic's Bewitched Page, has recently posted some new, VERY RARE, First Season promos of BW!! Most are narrated by DY and they are awesome. Please check them out:

Bewitched 1964 Promos!

Many of them include footage that was cut from the pilot episode, or different angles from the episode.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
The BW Collector has updated his First Season photos page and has included video clips of sponsor openings...one of them is this AWESOME never-before-seen-since-original-airing Quaker opening featuring the cartoon Durwood and Samantha eating Quaker Puffed Wheat and Quaker Puffed Rice "shot from guns!" It's awesome!

(this is just a photo of the video)

Check out all the awesome still photos too!

Season One Photo Gallery-Part One

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Someone was kind enough to post this excerpt from Elizabeth Montgomery's 1991 interview with Ron Haver from the Criterion Laser Disc of "Here Comes Mr Jordon".

Liz talking about Bewitched and it is priceless. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5CqKgkWoI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzby398epbU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8PNE9ELXwA&feature=related

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks