What's new

Bewitched on DVD 10/25/05 (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'm way excited about the BW movie arriving on DVD the week of Halloween. Yes, I realize not a lot of people loved the movie, but I was in the minority who did love it, and I'm a HUGE BW fan.

The cover art and extras are listed over at PlayUSA.com though this cover shot is from Amazon.com.

Special Features:
  • Director Nora Ephron Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary
  • Witch Vision Trivia Track
  • Eight Stars Shots Including: Nicole Kidman - Witch Star, Michael Caine, Shirley Maclaine *spit*, Will Ferrell
  • Why I Love BEWITCHED Featurette
  • BEWITCHED Trivia Game
  • An Actor Prepares: The Penetrating Craft Of Jack Wyatt

(I spit at shirley's name because she was absolutely TERRIBLE in the movie...it seemed like she was there simply to pick up a paycheck...)

I believe that some of the deleted scenes will involve Jack and Isabel's wedding, their fooling around in a playpark and a scene with Dr. Bombay (played by Fred Willard).

According to the official announcement from Sony regarding this release (courtesy of TVShowsonDVD.com), "while most copies of the DVD for the 2005 film will be the standard affair ("Bewitched - Special Edition), there will also be a special version they label as "Bewitched (Special Edition)/Bewitched TV Sampler 2-Pack Back to Back". The list price for this is the same as for the Bewitched - Special Edition ($28.96), but it seems that there will be a bonus disc with a "Bewitched TV Sampler" on it which makes this a "2-Pack". While no other details about that were available from Sony's initial announcement, the wording does seem to indicate that the disc will have some episodes of the TV show on it."

I would assume that the sampler would include the episodes seen in the movie including Episode #1: "I, Darrin, Take This Witch, Samantha" and Episode #41: "The Joker is a Card" plus an Aunt Clara episode and maybe even Episode #190: "Super Arthur" where we see Uncle Arthur break mirrors for the only time (Jack erroneously states that Uncle Arthur would do that every time he showed up on the show).

I think the movie will do much better on DVD than it did in theaters.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
TV Shows on DVD.com announced the other day that the sampler will include the first three episodes of the TV series which are:
  1. "I, Darrin, Take This Witch, Samantha"
  2. "Be It Ever So Mortgaged" - this is where Samantha and Darrin buy the famous 1164 Morning Glory Circle. It's also the introduction to the Kravitzes...a scene from this episode was recreated at the end of the movie.
  3. "It Shouldn't Happen to a Dog" - our introduction to the Tates and Darrin and Samantha's first fight.[/list=1]

That third episode should really be "Mother Meets What's-His-Name" where just as the title suggests Darrin finally meets Endora face to face, but because of some programming issues it was mixed up. You can read more about that at Harpies Bizarre.

It's a bummer they are not using the episodes I mentioned in the previous post, but it's nice that some people who had never seen the original series before will be introduced to it via the movie.

The case for the sampler looks just like the First Season Colorized set though there is no word whether the episodes themselves will be colorized.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
Yay! I am a bit late with this news but I just heard that it was coming out on the 25th. I can't wait, I will buy the day it comes out. I ABSOLUTELY loved thim movie!!

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
i just saw the filme yesterday and what a waste of time. this film is really bad!!! it wasn't nicole kidman or michael caine's fault, as both were fun to watch. but i surely give a lot of credit for the failure to will ferrell. he was really annoying as he played his usual "i always scream and yell and try to stretch a joke a far as possible" thing. the script wasn't good either.

all i can say is that you should avoid this film at all cost. this film doesn't even work with the usual "brain off / have fun" method which works wonderful on films like stealth.

if you watch, don't say i didn't warn you ;)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
That's too bad you didn't like it, EnricoE. But to each their own!

Sony has posted a site devoted to the release. You can order directly from there but I'm sure you can find it cheaper at other places.

I saw yesterday at Walmart that they are going to sell it in a two pack with two other movies, one of which is "My Stepmother is an Alien" :D

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
hi,

it was watchable, though Nicole's voice in the early scenes is quite grating. bad accent?

minimal EE.
decent sound.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
I get the feeling that I am the only one who absolutely loved this movie. Whatever. lol Must be because I am a BIG fan of Will Ferrell... I bought the movie the day it came out. What can I say, I am easily pleased. Ijust think that it's great to finally see Nicole in a not so serious role.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
You're not the only fan, Michelle. I've bought or acquired just about everything that had to do with the advertising of this movie. My room is filled with it. I really thought the movie was entertaining and showed so much respect to the original TV series.

I love the DVD by the way. I like the menu designs and I love the extra features, especially the "Why I Love Bewitched".

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
This movie really was awful. Nora Ephron wrecked what could have been a charming film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks