What's new

Bewitched? No, just annoyed. B&W isn't to be found! (1 Viewer)

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
I've checked my local Best Buy, Borders, Target and (gasp!) Circuit City - only the IN COLOR versions were stocked. I finally found a "mom and pop" that had three Black & White copies. Anyone else encounter this problem?

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Suggest that you order this online; Amazon has the B&W (and colorized) version for just under $28 with free shipping.

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
I was worried about this. Last Thursday, I was in a certain store who'd broken the street date and already had copies out.. but only the colorized version.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
Imagine their (the corporate types at these stores) surprise when these colorized sets don't "fly" off the shelves.

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
This morning on CNN, they spotlighted the set as one of their "new DVD releases of the week" -- and showed only the colorized version (which looked like shit, or did everybody on that show really have grey teeth?), although they did mention that the original B&W was available.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
This is sad news! Of course, you can order it online (DDD is right in the middle of their 20% off sale week so you can get it very cheap from them), but the fact that so many retailers seem to be slanting things towards that colorized abomination is very troubling and discouraging.

Gary "I commend all of you here who are sticking to your guns and buying the b&w version" O.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I was in Wal-Mart this afternoon. I want both versions, yes, I'd rather have the B&W version. I just want the colorized version for the sake of a 'complete' collection.

Anyway, Wal-Mart only had the colorized version out for $22.98 this afternoon and an empty space just above the colorized version that might have been a sold out B&W slot. Didn't look like the Colorized version was moving very well.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I just checked BestBuy.com and the B&W isn't available in stores. Someone on another site said that Target and CC are not carrying it either.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall

My Blockbuster charges a fortune for DVDs. I *never* consider them for a DVD purchase.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I've never been a fan of the show (although some of the first season eps were pretty decent) and have no intention of buying it. HOWEVER, I sure hope that because the B&W version is sorely missing from the B&M stores that it doesn't skew the sales so much that it would affect whether more seasons are released.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
If you don't mind waiting a few days, try DeepDiscountDVD. I just ordered a copy of the B&W version during their 20% off sale and got it for $23.31 with free shipping.:)

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Just order it online. Stores are always going to make choices about what to stock, that can't be helped. But as long as alternatives are available and easily accessable especially in this day and age, I don't see the real problem.

Paul

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Tower records in Chicago got in only 3 copies....2 in color....1 in black and white ( which I was able to buy)
Did Tower think this was not going to sell? Weird!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Even though I'm not a fan and wasn't planning to buy this, I checked out the selection at Sam's Club because the price was pretty good ($24.xx IIRC).

Only color. What's worse is that there is absoulutely nothing on the packaging to indicate that this was not originally in color. Fans who are not as savvy as those at HTF may be fooled into thinking this is the real deal.

My fear is that if B&M are only stocking color the sales figures will be skewed and when it comes time to release "I Dream of Jeannie" (a show I much rather would buy), the studio will only release the colorized version because color outsold B&W on Bewitched.

Call me paranoid, but remember that Warners released S1 of Kung Fu in fake widescreen because they thought they thought people preferred widescreen over full screen when it fact it is OAR that people prefer.

Steve

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up a B&W version this evening at Costco for $25.89, but they only had 3 copies like that. All the others were colorized.

Kate*H

Agent
Fred Meyer's had a couple copies of black and white, but both sets were mixed into together, I nearly bought a colorized version because I reached in back of a black and white.
I just don't get colorization.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks