What's new

Bewitched is coming back to Television!!! (1 Viewer)

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Bewitched is coming back to television! September 8th WGN will start airing Bewitched on Weekdays and Weekend!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Sorry but I have just recently join this board and until I post at least 10 post they will not let me post any links, but the official article is on sitcomsonline.com and it is under the headline "WGN America fall 2008 schedule sees lots of new shows"

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I must say, once I get a series on DVD, I can't really get excited about it being shown on a commercial channel any more -- usually with inferior prints, and of course cut with commercial interruptions.

But, hey, don't let me rain on your parade.

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
Yes but Season Seven and Eight have not been released yet and I'm really looking forward to seeing them again. Also, I don't mind watching a show I already have on dvd because it's still good. But like I said the main reason I am excited is to see the later seasons of my favorite tv show again!

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I'm glad WGN is airing the show so people who don't own the dvds, or who haven't seen seasons 7 and 8 can watch them.

I agree. Plus, I hate it when they squash the closing credits so they can run a promo for another show at the same time on the other half of the screen. Also, there's the ever-dependable station logo bug in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. And sometimes they display text on the bottom of the screen during the program like, "Coming up next at 5:30: I Dream of Jeannie." But I'm glad that its available for people to watch who don't own the dvds, or who haven't seen seasons 7 and 8.

Fortunately, I recorded seasons 7 and 8 a few years ago, so I already have the episodes, but they're still the edited, syndicated versions.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Since WGN America is broadcast in HD on some cable systems and on places like Verizon Fios does this mean we will see Bewitched in HD or will the tapes used for broadcast be 480i and therefore not really be HD.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

TVLand and Nick at Night have been the only national stations to show the 1st 2 seasons in B&W. Prior to colorization, syndicated packages just skipped the first 2 years of the show for many years. At one point Nick at Night only had the rights to the first 2 seasons. It would be great if WGN did show them as they show the B&W Beverly Hillbillies. I am guessing Sony will supply the colorized versions. Many people, not me, prefer it and Sony spent a lot of money doing it.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The Warner Ranch formerly the Columbia Ranch, where the exterior of the Bewitched house is located was sold by Warner Bros. This is also where the fountain from the opening of "Friends" is located. Many exteriors from classic TV are located here including, I Dream of Jeannie, Partridge Family, Gidget, The Donna Reed Show, and Dennis The Menace. No word if the new owners will tear it down.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/warner-bros-unveils-burbank-expansion-plan-1202596016/

Last edited:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
The actual sale doesn’t happen for a few years yet, but from what I’ve heard they do intend to raze most of what’s currently on the property and develop it for more offices. :(

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Here is a little bit of pre Season 2 Samantha and Darren introducing the Fall 1965 ABC schedule. Love this version of the Bewitched theme song. Reminds me that the show was originally a romantic comedy. Elizabeth is filmed to hide her pregnancy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks