What's new

Bewitched Complete Series Box set? (1 Viewer)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hey guys any word yet on the series box set? I can't wait... Does anyone know if BW Will be available on Blue Ray? I hope so... This show rocks... I love watching it over and over... it just reminds me of more peaceful times even though the late 60s and early 70s had it's problems like today... hopefully we will hear something soon... my friend from Europe got it and loved it... :)

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
When it gets released, it'll be announced here: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com

You can also click on that big honking logo at the top of the index page for this forum, the TV Shows on DVD.com logo. If it's not announced there, then it hasn't been released nor scheduled for release.

End note, Sony isn't really scheduling any new releases of classic television shows as they are blowing out their remaining inventories. Don't look for a complete series set anytime soon.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by kemcha /forum/thread/293447/bewitched-complete-series-box-set/60#post_3647147
When it gets released, it'll be announced here: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com
You can also click on that big honking logo at the top of the index page for this forum, the TV Shows on DVD.com logo. If it's not announced there, then it hasn't been released nor scheduled for release.
End note, Sony isn't really scheduling any new releases of classic television shows as they are blowing out their remaining inventories. Don't look for a complete series set anytime soon.
Well, if they're blowing out their remaining inventory, then why wouldn't they repackage all the Bewitched dvds into one boxed set like they just did with Dawson's Creek? And btw--I know you're new, but everyone on this message board is very well aware of the existence of tvshowsondvd.com...no offense.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Thanks guys for the info... do you think it will ever be released on Blue Ray? I am buying a BluRay dvd player and it's amazing how much better the quality is... especially on the HD TV... amazing... by the way guys what are some of your favourite shows from this day and age?

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
All the recent talk of what Season 9 might have been like has got me thinking. I think little Adam had great potential as a breakout character- he seemed a little on the mischievous side, unlike Tabitha. How's this for a story idea: Uncle Arthur decides to take the kid under his wing to everyone's horror, and for once Endora and Darrin are in complete agreement as Arthur is the last person the boy should have as a mentor! It would've been interesting to see Darrin and Sam's son as a little troublemaker a la Arthur and Serena as he learns his warlock powers. Of course by the end of the episode he would learn his lesson- for the time being, anyway......

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Jdcrackers /forum/thread/293447/bewitched-complete-series-box-set/60#post_3647363
Thanks guys for the info... do you think it will ever be released on Blue Ray? I am buying a BluRay dvd player and it's amazing how much better the quality is... especially on the HD TV... amazing... by the way guys what are some of your favourite shows from this day and age?
Hard to say on a Blu-Ray release, since I'm not sure Bewitched would rank very high in the demand catagory. Most Blu-Ray players these days will play DVDs in HD quality, so you should be fine there.
Which day and age are you speaking of?

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
Ethan, hate to say this, but every studio uses the current DVD pressings for their individual season releases and just repackage them with a complete series box. Simply put, Sony isn't going to release a complete series set. the closest that you're going to come to is a rebundled collection like what they've been doing with NCIS and JAG.

To simply repackage the sets together in a DVD complete series box, like the X-Files, would require the studio to spend more money on new packaging. Simply put, ain't gonna happen in the near future as long as our economy continues to suffer.

Why do you think that studios haven't been releasing as many season sets as they used to? It's because they are blowing out their excess inventory. Why do you think that retailers like Target, Walmarts, Best Buy and Barnes and Noble are having regular sales on DVD season sets? These retailers have been selling boxed sets between $12-20.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by kemcha /forum/thread/293447/bewitched-complete-series-box-set/60#post_3647456
Ethan, hate to say this, but every studio uses the current DVD pressings for their individual season releases and just repackage them with a complete series box. Simply put, Sony isn't going to release a complete series set. the closest that you're going to come to is a rebundled collection like what they've been doing with NCIS and JAG.
To simply repackage the sets together in a DVD complete series box, like the X-Files, would require the studio to spend more money on new packaging. Simply put, ain't gonna happen in the near future as long as our economy continues to suffer.
Why do you think that studios haven't been releasing as many season sets as they used to? It's because they are blowing out their excess inventory. Why do you think that retailers like Target, Walmarts, Best Buy and Barnes and Noble are having regular sales on DVD season sets? These retailers have been selling boxed sets between $12-20.
Um...no. I just got through saying that Sony already did a complete series boxed set with Dawson's Creek. And they did not use remaindered pressings from the original season releases; they used new pressings of the dvds with new artwork on them. So did the complete boxed sets of Charmed and the O.C. And Bewitched was one of the better sellers for Sony...there isn't as much "excess inventory" left in the warehouse as they have with other shows. Meaning: as demand grows for a complete series set, and with lack of older pressings of the dvds, Sony will make new discs rather than just do a cheesy bundle set (which I think they've already done for seasons 1-5). Give it 2 or 3 years tops--there will be a new complete series set.
Matt: I am currently playing Bewitched as an upconvert on my BluRay player...it looks decent, but it's not true high def. Upconverting looks a hair better than just watching dvds on a standard player, but it's still really nowhere near the real thing. I think Bewitched would greatly benefit from a real BluRay release. Not sure of the demand, though, and it would be painful for Sony to remaster all those episodes to high def (if they haven't already). For my money BW would be high on my list of things to own in high def. We'll have to wait until the current dvds lapse out of print before they consider a BluRay release, I'd imagine.

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
You mean the set that was released in the beginning of November? Considering the fact that the set was probably being set for production during the summer (since Sony started soliciting for the set in September, perhaps even July), the set was probably already authorized before studios started cutting back on their releases.

Why do you think that fans haven't seen any new releases for All in the Family, Patridge Family, Jeffersons and many other shows under their umbrella? It's because the majority of studios have been concentrating more on clearing out their excess stock instead of producing new sets.

Take a look at Northern Exposure, the complete series, which has been discontinued by Universal and they have removed the listing from their own website. The Cosby Show complete series has been discontinued and many others. Studios are removing many of their releases from production for some odd reason.

The fact is that I suspect that the I Dream of Jeannie Complete Series set didn't do as well as Sony was hoping for. These studios creating these obscene and bulky complete sets (that don't fit on any DVD shelf) has probably affected their reasons for not releasing the set. I think Sony might be abandoning the DVD format, which may be another reason why they haven't released the set.

Besides, I sincerely doubt that the set will ever be released. There just isn't a lot of demand for these sets and with these $150+ retail prices tagged for these sets and the economy the way it is, those two factors are affecting the release.

Oh, and just because Sony released Dawson's Creek Complete Series doesn't mean that Sony will release Bewitched Complete Series.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I mean like what are some of your favourite shows from the 2000's and 2010's? I like Ghost Whisperer and Medium and as sitcoms go I like New Adventures of Old Christine...

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
It's because those studios are busy tying the DVD promotions to coincide with the season premieres of those shows, if they're currently still producing the series and it allows them to increase interest in the show among viewers as well as stimulating sales on the releases of the various DVD sets that have been released for that show.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by kemcha /forum/thread/293447/bewitched-complete-series-box-set/60#post_3648123
It's because those studios are busy tying the DVD promotions to coincide with the season premieres of those shows, if they're currently still producing the series and it allows them to increase interest in the show among viewers as well as stimulating sales on the releases of the various DVD sets that have been released for that show.
In my Classic TV thread (forum link below), I am currently tracking dvd releases of shows no longer on the air. I have listed well over 50 sets that will be released within the next few months. The studios have no current on-air product to tie in with these releases; these dvds are just coming out into the world due to the love for these particular shows, and of the medium itself, I'd imagine.
The timing of the initial Bewitched dvds obviously coincided with the Bewitched movie; there were even tie-ins associated with the original dvd packaging. The movie was a star-studded flop, but the dvds kept on coming because we kept on buying them. As it stands, Bewitched is one of the few series of its length (8 seasons) to reach completion on dvd. If Sony's making money off these dvds, then they'll obviously realize there's plenty of demand for more Bewitched product in the stores--hence, they may yet gamble on a complete series set.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread

Do we know anything about the complete series coming out? I would really like to know .... I see that the last thread was a while ago but hoping someone will respond with any news! thanks/img/vbsmilies/htf/wink.gif

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Just for curiosity sake, I would love to see a box set that included both Tabitha and the animated Saturday morning movie with Adam and Tabitha.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Those are great pics... If you notice the "Fruit of the Loom" commercials and several others show the Bewitched House in it! When I watch commercials I notice the house. I have a feeling Bewitched will be released on Blu Ray. It sold very well and a friend of mine told me it was one of Sony's highest selling comedic DVD's. It looks awesome on a Big TV and will look even better in Blu Ray. The years are changing rapidly and the younger generations are going to want to enjoy Bewitched in forms like we did as kids. Well, when I was a kid it was on TBS, but back to the point, I see them doing it on Blu Ray before 2020. Or maybe they are working on it now and it will be a Blu Ray Box Set. One can hope!

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Just as an aside, there's a Complete Bewitched boxset here in the UK!

I say "Complete", as in the original series, none of the spinoff shows.

Curious that you don;t have this in the USA....

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
It's been a long time since I last posted, but do any of you think that the Bewitched Series will ever be released on Blu-Ray discs? I think it would be so cool!! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks