What's new

Beware of the Big Bass (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
You know, its certainly not nessesary to have a sub that can kill or do severe physical harm, but its good to know you could do it if you needed to:D

Kind of like why certain people drive certain types of cars. The owners manual for mine actually lists the top speed as 162 MPH. Even though I am active in several sports car clubs, and have taken it to the track, I don't expect to every see 162 MPH.....but it feels good to know I could if I ever lost my mind and wanted to!

BGL

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

Although my previous car was a Rice Boy Integra Type R...not a 162 MPH car, but it was a blast on the autocross course.

EDIT: In thinking about this, I can not in my wildest imagination picture GM ever printing something like that in an owners manual, even for the Vette which can surely run some pretty big speeds....surely the attorneys would never allow it.

BGL

Steve Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
My last motorcycle (Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R) would do 193. I only got the chance to get it to 170 though. Always wanted to see what 193 felt like, but do you know how much room it takes to get up to those kinds of speeds (and slow down again)?. But like Brian said, it felt good knowing I had the capability to do it if I wanted to.

Steve

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
If he hit a BUMP he doesn't anymore ! ...
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor

Unless it was prior to 2001, it would have a 186mph limiter
unless you had something like a TRE on it.
Also, (we are talking bikes here only) indicted speed versus actual speed is typically 8%-10& off.
For example my speedo reads 10% faster than I am ACTUALLY going, so when it reads 186mph I am actually only going 168mph or 170mph. 186 is about the highest I have seen although I regularly (almost every time out) see 140-160

If you saw 170 on your speedo, then you were probably only going around 155mph.

EDIT: Actually it does not take that long to get there.

Steve Lucas

Stunt Coordinator

I never said it took that long to get there, just that it takes a lot of space to get there and slow down again.

As for Gonads...No, I think it was immaturity, actually. A head on collision with a car cured me of that particular shortcoming in a hurry.

Cam, It doesn't matter what you ride or how fast the speedometer reads, isn't the adrenalin rush you get from a handful of throttle addicting? :D

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I know this is bad, but I just cannot help myself...

Cam... Where is the DIY bike that does 200 MPH for $1200 ? ...:star: :wink:

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
Hrm, I have a 1500w amp and a Resonant Engineering HC15 in my Celica. My lungs are holding up just fine, although it sure does blur my vision.

Course, it is setup for sq not spl:b

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor

Craig...I have three bikes right now & each of them cost more than $1200.00 & all were purchased.
Sorry, I dont get it:confused:
or are you just being a d***?

Andrew*L

Agent

Hmmmmm....something to hope for the next time one of those boomboxes with wheels comes blaring down the street. I have absolutely no sympathy for those who abuse themselves while knowingly annoying others...I'm looking forward to witnessing a whole generation of deaf/nearly deaf people in the next 10-20 years...:angry:

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
PURTY......

Yep, after I thought about it, I believe
the "burgundy wine" color for the ZX-12R came
out in 2001.

This is my 01.....not bad for 45,000+ miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks