1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Beware "All I want" DVD may be mastered too loud. Blew up my subwoofer!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chris PC, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Beware "All I want" DVD may be mastered too loud. Blew up my subwoofer!

"All I Want" with Elijah Wood, Franka Potente and Mandy Moore blew up my subwoofer. I thought if anything was going to kill my subwoofer it would have been a Star Wars DVD or something like Jurrasic Park or who knows what else. The scene where Elijah Wood uses a Bazooka to blow up a car caused my subwoofer to shut off. The light went out and the subwoofer was out of commision. Mirage BPS-400.

I replaced the fuse with a new one and turned on the sub. There was no power light indicator and the sub hummed and popped another fuse.

Yeah, who knows, my sub might have been ready to go any second, but it was an odd experience and that DVD is loud. Most DVD's I have to set at -8 to -6 dB but this thing required -15 dB to not be too loud! My receiver and subwoofers volume was normal as always. Subwoofer volume at 12 o'clock and the Marantz receivers subwoofer level was 0 or below 0 dB.

2. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

I watched this a few months ago at my average level and did not have a problem.

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

What sub was it?

4. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

5. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Oopsy :b

6. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Kind of like the whale approach in Finding Nemo. I thought my sub would shatter into a million pieces during that scene.

7. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

No problemo. Sorry about the quote. I thought about it while I was doing it. Wasn't trying to be a smart arse. Its easy to miss things in a post. Oh well. Just thought other people might have feedback about this particular movie on DVD.