What's new

Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy (1 Viewer)

Can't wait for this one to come out, i found some cover art from the box set on the net:
2.jpg

1.jpg

Beverly Hills Cop - Special Collector's Edition
Audio Commentary by Martin Brest
Retrospective Cast & Crew Interviews
"Casting Beverly Hills Cop" Featurette
Location Map
Photo Gallery
Theatrical Trailer
Widescreen Version
>Enhanced for 16:9 TVs
Dolby Digital
>English 5.1 Surround
>English Dolby Surround
>French Dolby Surround
English Subtitles
(For the Deaf and Hearing Impaired)
Interactive Menus
Scene Selection
MSRP: $24.95 U.S.
Beverly Hills Cop II
Original Featurette
Deleted Scene with Introduction by Tony Scott
"Shakedown" Music Featurette
Theatrical Trailer
Widescreen Version
Dolby Digital
>English 5.1 Surround
>English Dolby Surround
>French Dolby Surround
English Subtitles
Interactive Menus
Scene Selection
Beverly Hills Cop III
Theatrical Trailer
Widescreen Version
Dolby Digital
>English 5.1 Surround
>English Dolby Surround
>French Dolby Surround
English Subtitles
Interactive Menus
Scene Selection
Beverly Hills Cop: The Complete Line Up
Contains all three Beverly Hills Cop DVDs in one package
MSRP: $74.97 U.S.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
That would be cool. Beverly Hills Cop is the series that I would most like to add to my collection followed closely by Star Wars and Star Trek TNG.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Hmm, but what about the pricing. All three titles retail for the same about (despite II and III being pretty much vanilla titles) and the three together separately is actually 12 cents less than the box set. :confused:
Die Hard box was only about the price of two movies (IIRC) and all three were full-on SE's. Add to that, I'd imagine Die Hard III is a great deal more respected than BHC III on average.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I am a box set maven, but have no plans to get this one. I'll pick up the first two releases, and save the dough on the third piece-o-crap film. I couldn't stand it the first time I saw it, and there's no reason to have it in my library at any price. Rocky V was a triumph compared to this stinker! Phew!

MichaelG

Second Unit
I am with David on this one, BHC 3 :thumbsdown:stank!:thumbsdown:
I will buy the first and second movie though, enjoyed both of them.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I'll pick up the first two releases, and save the dough on the third piece-o-crap film.
I agree, the third movie was a real letdown. The endlessly repeating theme park music is absolute tourture.
I know John Landis has a good relationship with Murphy, but IMO he was all wrong for BHC.
As a card-carrying completionist, I'm going to get the box set anyway. :D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Die Hard box was only about the price of two movies (IIRC) and all three were full-on SE's.
Actually, the box listed for $80, which marked a $10 saving opposed to the separate purchase of all three movies. Not bad, but not the same as getting one "free"...

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Oh right. Must have been the exchange effect. I guess the BH box may be cheaper over here too, then. Not that I'd want the other two. They'd have to make them free before I'd buy 'em.

MichaelG

Second Unit
Colin, I got the Die Hard SE Box set from Best Buy in Mill Valley, Ca for $50+tax. That turned out to be buy 2 get one free. Even if that were the case with Beverly Hills Cop boxed set, I wouldn't want it. I did like both the first and second movie and will buy those :emoji_thumbsup:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Colin, I got the Die Hard SE Box set from Best Buy in Mill Valley, Ca for $50+tax. That turned out to be buy 2 get one free. Even if that were the case with Beverly Hills Cop boxed set, I wouldn't want it. I did like both the first and second movie and will buy those
You must really hate BHC III if you wouldn't even accept it for FREE! Anyway, my post simply reflected that the list price of the Die Hard set didn't make it truly a "buy two, get one free" deal. Obviously lots of specials popped up, but I'm sure one could have found the movies for $20 a pop when they first appeared as well...

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just checked future shop, and the 3 movies are 23.99 each, or 63.99 for the trilogy. Not quite one free, but one cheap. Still not sure if I'll get the box or just the first two though.

MichaelG

Second Unit
Colin, you are correct! I really do hate BCH III that much. If I can get the box set for the same price as the first two I still wouldn't want it, that thing was a piece of trash. Just like Ron's new review of The Man Who Loved Women, I want my two hours back from this movie as well.
I know what you meant about the trilogy pricing, and you are right. Just like The Man With No Name Clint Eastwood collection. $9.95 for each, or $29.85 (something like that) for all three, whoopidy doo.:D

Here's some more covert art of more Eddie Murphy Movies
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Vampire in Brooklyn and Harlem Nights also street on the same day. These are trailer-only releases with anamorphic widescreen, Dolby Digital & Dolby Surround English soundtracks, and Dolby Surround French soundtracks.
MSRP $24.95 U.S.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Its good to see that Harlem Nights is finally getting some attention, its a classic.......

Trailer-only Harlem Nights and no commentary by Eddie Murphy on BHC :frowning: it's a shame there are so little special features on these dvd's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks