What's new

Beverly Hills Cop DVD Specs (1 Viewer)

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
If you go to DVD Empire, they have all three movies listed for pre-order. In addition, they've listed the specs for all three movies (although I believe that Beverly Hills Cop II was in 2.35, not 1.85). Anyway, it looks as though the first movie is getting a nice treatment (commentary and all that), and even the two sequels are getting a few interesting things (similar to Wayne's World and Wayne's World 2). Oh, and it looks like the prices will be quite nice: $19.99 for each. Very nice. Thank you Paramount.

MikeyW

Agent
$19.99 doesn't sound like Paramount to me! Has Paramount actually made any announcements regarding these discs? I love the Beverly Hills Cop, movies, and can't wait, but I don't wanna get my hopes up, like I've done so many times with the BTTFs. Anyways, if it is true, it sounds like they'll all be very nice.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
quote: DVDEmpire lists a retail price of $24.99 for each and a box set for $74.97. [/quote]
That's the MSRP for each dvd and the box set. The actual preorder price from DVD Empire for the seperate dvds is $16.24 and the box set is 59.98 I think Paramount is starting to listen to their consumers and are adjusting their price structure down. Sure, it's not exactly like Warner but it's a start!
I do have one point of contention with DVD Empire why is it cheaper to buy the three seperate dvds than the box set? That doesn't make sense to me!
Crawdaddy
------------------
Peter Staddon: "I didn't say you can put 'Monkeybone' back!"
[Edited last by Robert Crawford on November 17, 2001 at 05:19 PM]

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
When these were announced, I thought that I'd probably pick them up, but with the lower price (thanks Paramount!) they will definately be in my collection. On "must have" titles, price isn't an issue, but for a lot of "maybe" movies, it's a big factor.
------------------
"Home is where the theater is!"

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think Paramount is starting to listen to their consumers and are adjusting their price structure down.
Not necessarily. According to a post at DVDTalk, all 3 Bad News Bear films are going to retail for $29.99 each (without even any trailers) when they're released in early February.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
quote: Not necessarily. According to a post at DVDTalk, all 3 Bad News Bear films are going to retail for $29.99 each (without even any trailers) when they're released in early February.[/quote]
First off, I said I think Paramount is starting to listen which implies it's a beginning. Secondly, a post on DVDTalk doesn't make the $29.99 for each Bad News Bear dvd a reality. I'll wait for a more official announcement!
I just checked with Lasersedge website which has the "Bad News Bears" dvds priced the same as the "Beverly Hills Cop" dvds. Which is 18.94, just a little under 25% off a MSRP of 24.99
Crawdaddy
------------------
[Edited last by Robert Crawford on November 17, 2001 at 08:30 PM]

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Good news from Paramont on the BHC films. The first is a must-have and the second is a gonna get. But the third......
-greg
BTW - Robert, I'm still looking forward to your Monkeybone review...
wink.gif

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
quote: BTW - Robert, I'm still looking forward to your Monkeybone review...[/quote]
Greg,
Just don't hold your breath! :)
Crawdaddy
------------------
[Edited last by Robert Crawford on November 17, 2001 at 10:14 PM]

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Will anybody be be buying Bev. Hills Cop 3???

I'm buying the first 2 for sure.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I do have one point of contention with DVD Empire why is it cheaper to buy the three seperate dvds than the box set? That doesn't make sense to me!
I use DVD Empire a lot but they never seem to have good prices on box sets. I usually go to Deep Discount or DVD Planet for those. I've never understood it, but it's something I've definitely noticed over the past year.
This is one of the few boxes I won't be getting - the first BHC is all I'm really interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks