What's new

Beverly Hills 90210 (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Nah... 90210 and Melrose Place are definately coming to R1 sometime this year, it is a lock. So if thats a date leaked in R2 then i presume R1 is not far off.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Be warned Region 2 dates don't always mean much, The Wonder Years was set to be released March 13th this year - but nope, we have a fickle market.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Did I read that correctly? Season 1 and season 7 are going to be released? I'm hoping it's just a typo, but if not, I can't say I'm too impressed. I'd love to get this show and will definitely grab the first season. But it makes no sense why they'd consecutively release the seventh season at the same time. Any clarification would indeed be appreciated.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Patrick: thanks for the news.. I knew they were coming but it's always nice to see something more along the lines of official info. That has to be a typo on S7 right ? i hope so anyway's. These two shows are gonna sell like hotcakes. 90210 will probably end up being the best selling tv set ever on dvd. I am looking forward to owning all seasons of both.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I will eventually blind buy both when/if they are released, so this is good news. About time too I'd say also.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
I hope it is released in the US - I could buy UK, but the price is crazy. I think since there is nowhere else to buy it, they jacked the price up.

$89.76 for 22 episodes!

Venice-H

Agent
An interesting choice releasing season 7 before the others. In my opinion, that was their last good season. Once the gang graduated from college, everyone seemed to be spinning their wheels, and I gradually lost interest.

Season 1 was uneven - several good episodes mixed in with some turkeys. The next season is when they hit their stride; again, my opinion (I'm lumping in the summer '91 episodes with season 2).

Since I have nearly all the episodes on tape, the extras are critical to my buy decision. The bigger and more interesting the list, the more inclined I'll be to hand over my money.

We'll see.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I think season two was when they hit their stride, and season 3 was very, very good. I can't imagine why season 7 is announced...very strange to be skipping around like that. Season 7 wasn't a particularly memorable season. oh, well, maybe that ensures that they'll release seasons 2-6??? who knows, in the wacky world of tv dvd releases. They'd better put out all ten, though, I tell you now! Same with Melrose...either do all seven seasons or forget about it.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Well, take good care of those video tapes.

Its Paramount :O :O :O Unless there was a Star Trek crossover I have forgotten about, I doubt they'll be any extra's added.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
actually, now that CBS has taken over Paramount, they are beginning to do things better.

One thing I'm curious is how many frigging discs will make up an average 90210/Melrose season, considering they were having 32-36 one-hour episodes per season.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, CBS Paramount have added extra's to Charmed - Season 8.

I hope, the remaining Frasier DVD's or DVD might get some - even when they did them, they were pretty bad.

Off subject a bit: are they still producing Touched by an Angel DVD's? I really hope they do and extra's could be added.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I wait patiently for tvshowsondvd.com's Paramount announcement tomorrow. Hard to tell if its 90210/Melrose Place or not but if you goto DVDTALK David Lambert kinda has been hinting at it. So we shall see tomorrow!

I mean what else could be a big Paramount tv announcement...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks