What's new

Beverly Hillbillies, Season 3 coming in February '09 (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Classicflix just announced that the BEVERLY HILLBILLIES - Season 3 will be released on February 17th. I have thoroughly enjoyed the 2nd Season set that was recently released and I'm glad to see this is getting the fast track treatment!

Gary "this next volume will end the B/W run of the show" O.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'm currently in the midst of enjoying Season 2 (towards the end of the second disc) so I'm thrilled to hear about Season 3 coming so soon! I hope Season 3 has the sponsor openings and such that have made S.2 such a treat!

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
The covers so far have been hideous. I really wish they would go for something different, but at least we are getting the releases.

mickeyTOR

Agent
Hey there

I'm coming into this series a little late - and I'm sorta confused. There are three discs out so far - and it looks like some repeat episodes on the Volume 2 and Season 2 set. Any advice on what to purchase?

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
There are lots of great photos of the cast but for some reason nearly every official and PD release of this show has had either ugly or cheap-looking cover art. This third season set seems to be no exception. The "frame" is gaudy, the piles of money are unnecessary, poor Irene Ryan looks demented and what the heck is that building behind them ? Some kind of museum ? It doesn't look like the mansion.

everyone has their own opinions but I think after the 3rd season, the show became quite hit or miss with regard to it's quality. There was FAR too much focus on Jethro which quickly got old. Give me more Granny & Mrs. Drysdale !

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The money being in front of the Clampetts is completelyt idiotic because it is the last thing they ever use in the show. The artwork, as the last poster and others have said is simply offensive to anyone with good taste. But as long as the shows look good and remain unaltered I will continue to buy certain CBS/Paramout DVD sets via used Amazon Marketplace sellers as these copies have already been bought by others and will not count again as a sale total in CBS's books. This is how I rationalize continuing to get certain shows from that company, that my purchase never shows up in their ledger.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

If you want to see the entire season 1, first, you'll buy volume 1, volume 2, a one shot disc with the '62 Christmas episode on it, and deal with the duplicate episodes when you buy the "Official" season 2.

See, MPI arranged their discs so that about a dozen episodes of season 1 are on volume 2, with the remaining discs containing the PD season 2 episodes they had access to. Paramount decided to take the gamble of rereleasing those episodes on their release, with better quality prints, figuring people would double dip on those few season 2 episodes to get the ones they didn't have. Thankfully, it looks like they were right.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Boy!! There sure is a lot of negativity on this forum now. I for one am overjoyed that they are releasing the third season of this show so fast. The hell with the cover art - it is fine, and I for one don't think the show was ever hit or miss after the second season - to my taste was pretty much uniformly funny. I am a huge fan of what I feel was the funniest sitcom of all time, and am jumping for joy that it is on the fast track.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Great news. Now I don't have to slow down my viewing of Season 2. Glad to see this come so soon. Keep em coming Paramount. It would be great to have all nine seasons by the end of 2010.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
So how is the video quality of the eps on the Paramount releases? Better than the MPI, I hope. I think I may start collecting this show now, but it depends on the quality of the prints.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

It's absolutely fantastic!! There is only graininess in the commercials and such, but even then it's not bad at all.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I agree that the covers could be better- there are color cast photos in existence from the B/W era including Aunt Pearl, Mr. Drysdale and Miss Hathaway. Why weren't they used? Hopefully we'll see the fourth season (with the first color episodes) out by next summer. On the other hand, why no news about further seasons of Petticoat Junction?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Well since B.H. Season 2 was released in October and Petticoat Junction doesn't come out until December it is too early for an annoucement. If it follows the same schedule/pattern as B.H. then season 2 of Petticoat would be in April and the annoucement would not be due until January.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I wish they would RE-RELEASE season one, with PARAMOUNT doing it.
THAT WAS THE BEST SEASON in my opinion...... After season Three it became not as interesting. The first three seasons were the best. It lost something when Bea Benadaret left the series as cousin Pearl !! She was great with Jethrine !!!

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
I'm guessing we will get S1, Paramount version, either at later on down the line, or only in a complete box set after the remaining seasons are released. Remember this is CBS and they love to hold off on the special stuff for box sets only.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Seems like I read something that CBS had no plans to do season one, but doing it for a complete set makes a lot of sense.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Heck,they could release edited syndication prints of s1 and they'd look alot better than the Public domian garbage!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks