Between these two center channels...?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Nevala, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Matt Nevala

Matt Nevala Stunt Coordinator

I want a a cheap center channel thats less than $65 bucks.
    I like this sony one and it would match my front L/R and i found it cheapest here www.etronichaven.com/sonsscenspea.html

but i also found this jensen (yes crappy jensen) really cheap here
    http://store.yahoo.com/letsgodigital/ccs.html

i know both of these are not the best but what i have now is a single 4' kenwood driver so anythings better than that.
    if you know anyone selling a center channel in my price range or any other ones online please let me know.
    thanks,
    matt

2. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

First thing I'd recommend is what brand of speakers do you intend to update in the future for mains and after that then pick your center from the same brand and hopefully they are timbre matched. Otherwise you're wasting your money on a speaker that most likely you'll upgrade from in about 6 months (otherwise go to ebay and see if you can bid on an old Optimus PRO-CS5 to me which is an excellent budget center, assuming your AVR does not x-over at 100 hz for small setting as this center then suffers from a cascaded effect).

3. Matt Nevala

Matt Nevala Stunt Coordinator

i just upgraded my mains yesterday as sony, so i think i will get the sony one which will match my mains. (the dual woofers and tweeters are the same as my mains)