What's new

Betty Grable Collection Volume 2?? (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
This is one of the most asked about and wanted sets out there. Whether the first set sold well or not, Fox as stated there will not be any more classic or older films released this year. They have only announced a couple of Blu-ray titles such as MASH and The Towering Inferno and have a lot of re-packaged SD titles on tap. One can only hope and wish that the vault will open again in 2010.

Fox has fallen a long way this year. Last year at this time we were looking forward to the Tyrone Power Matinee set, had the final Charlie Chan set and salivating over the proposed Murnau, Borzage and Fox collection. How sad.

[SIZE= larger]the first vol. betty grable collection sold well enuff a few years ago, they were priced at $60 a lot ,the new fox box sets are cheaper but rember without grable's box set sales u wudn,t have the wooden faye or carmen miranda box sets[/SIZE]

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Just saw Coney Island on TV -- how I would love to get more Betty Grable on disc! She made some marvellous, musical fluff in her day; i read that Fox's Grable Vol 1 didn't sell well but hopefully they'll find a way to open up their doors to let someone release them (i hear their mod is terrible)... It'd be great even if a three-film set of Mother Wore Tights, Coney Island and Springtime in the Rockies saw the light of day sometime in the near future.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
shoeshineboy said:
Just saw Coney Island on TV -- how I would love to get more Betty Grable on disc! She made some marvellous, musical fluff in her day; i read that Fox's Grable Vol 1 didn't sell well but hopefully they'll find a way to open up their doors to let someone release them (i hear their mod is terrible)... It'd be great even if a three-film set of Mother Wore Tights, Coney Island and Springtime in the Rockies saw the light of day sometime in the near future.
To my total amazement, Mother Wore Tights is included in the list of movies Fox are asking HTF members to vote on for release on Blu-ray! It's good enough for a high definition release but it's never been issued on DVD!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm guessing Fox readied Mother Wore Tights for a possible second Grable box that never materialized (along with Sweet Rosie O'Grady which looks great on MOD) and possibly Coney Island or The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend. From the looks of the voting, Grable still isn't very popular.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
shoeshineboy said:
Where is this poll you speak of? I'm at Fox connect.com and can't find it...
You won't find it there. You''ll find it right here at HTF in the Blu-ray forum.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Thanks - no BR player so I'venever ventured to that side before. Casted votes for Call of the Wild and Mother...

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
shoeshineboy said:
Thanks - no BR player so I'venever ventured to that side before. Casted votes for Call of the Wild and Mother...
Don't forget, you can vote every day. It's not one man, one vote: it's vote early and vote often!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks